Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eliminating refined sugar and white flour....

We have always used *alot* of wheat flour....We have even ground our own for several years now.....My Mom was/is and excellent cook and taught me how to bake bread (and alot of other things!) from scratch...I really enjoy it and most of the things we eat *are* from scratch.BUT....we use WAY to much sugar and white flour.....Wheat just isn't the same in some things....Yes,soaking helps the texture etc. but it still isn't the same as white....Sugar is another things hard to replace.....I love to bake desserts and we all love to eat them.....BUT, we love our health better....I have *always* been very interested in health/herbs.I have lots of herb books,grow my own herbs and love to make my own medicines for my family.We rarely go to the doctor but treat our own illnesses with herbs/wholesome foods.We live on a farm,drink our own raw Jersey milk....make cheese,yogurt etc.We have a huge garden and preserve alot of our food.We eat local grown meat....I could go on and on....I am passionate about health and health topics.Still,white flour and sugar are something that we still eat to much of.They are two big things that don't belong in our healthy lifestyle! Two things that we have not managed to give up and they also happen to be two of the worse things for us!I feel that they are two VERY bad things in our diet and that we suffer alot of consequences from eating them....Which makes me feel guilty.... Some think I am crazy for feeling this way as everyone thinks that we eat *sooo* healthy and we do *compared* to alot of people....I have never believed in that .We can always make ourselves feel better by comparing our eating habits with *most* other people as sadly,most people out there are severely lacking knowledge about health and eat very unhealthy....We should instead,compare our eating habits to what is the RIGHT way to eat.The Lord designed certain foods for us to eat and we believe that the healthiest way to eat is to eat our foods in their natural state as much as possible....Sooooooo white flour and refined sugar do not belong!We have recently decided to quit using both.....100%....We will have some *rare* exceptions of course and down the road,after we break ourselves from these addictions I am sure I will use them both again OCCASIONALLY but for now we are done! It feels great! It has been a couple of weeks now and I am AMAZED at the delicious desserts that I have been able to make without either of them!!!! We are using only unrefined sugar and MAPLE SUGAR off of our own property, that we made, is the number one thing we are using! DELICIOUS!! I have alot of recipes I will be putting on my blog that are just delicious!

1 comment:

  1. We use sugar in the raw and brown sugar for most things. I have a tiny tiny little bag of white sugar that just sits there now. A big change from how much sugar we used to use and have on hand.

    ReplyDelete