Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gardening!

I love it...! Here when it warms up a little I will be going outside and putting the rest of my tomatoes in.....I also want to plant more beans,peppers,popcorn and FLOWERS of course:) I LOVE gardening.I do alot of canning,dehydrating etc.This year we planted 200 strawberry plants! I have NEVER had that many strawberries and I am so excited.They are my favorite! We are also planting a bunch of heirloom corn (bloody butcher....I do NOT like the name! lol) for grinding! That will be a new experience for us.With all of the genetically modified corn in just about EVERY corn product you can buy.....it is a big push for us to just grow our own.If you don't know much about genetically modified foods and their dangers I highly suggest you research it.It is a very serious/scary issue!

POPCORN.....We are growing a bunch of that this year too! I have never grown it and I can't wait to see how it does.....

POLE BEANS....Usually I grow bush beans but after growing a few pole beans last year I am excited to grow alot more this year.....My husband is building me trellisis for them to grow up that I can walk underneath! They are SO beautiful!! My garden is much more to me that a place where food grows! ....I LOVE to make it pretty! Anyhow, I am very excited about these pole beans....It would be so much easier picking beans standing up!! SO that is another fairly new thing for us this year.....

My children all have their own gardens this year....That is SO fun and they just love it.We have such a wonderful time outside in the garden.They are very serious little gardeners and get so excited about growing things.My girls just love to go and gather herbs to preserve.They were given their very own dehydrator to dry flowers/herbs in .They love that.....They love to make things with herbs....

I am so thankful to live in the country and be able to grow all of this good food....have animals....fresh air....good water....It is such an excellent place to raise a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment