Friday, July 23, 2010

Just because it isn't a struggle for you.....

does not mean that it isn't a struggle for the next person! I have been thinking alot on this lately.

Two different women get married to two different men.They are both sweet,good hearted,christian women BUT

The first woman has been trained her entire life to be a keeper of the home.She is at total ease in the kitchen,she has been taught how to manage a house,to garden,preserve food,sew,knit,train children,take care of her husband,she breezes right through everything when she gets married because she is confident and capable.She has a thankful,positive attitude which helps her tremendously with the stress of being a wife/mother.She knows how to train children and does it naturally.She  lives her life for the Lord and strives to please him every day but she has her struggles too.She just keeps trying.She loves Him with all of her heart.

The second woman didn't have the privelege of being trained for marriage/motherhood.She can't cook,has no idea how to keep laundry/dishes/cleaning caught up,gardening is totally out as she can't even get a meal on the table, she has no clue how to do anything with a needle and even if she could,she has no idea how she would even have TIME.She is stressed out and finds it extremely hard to stay positive.Her children don't obey because she has no idea how to train them and also finds it totaly overwhelming to even think about training them along with keeping everything else up.She lives her life for the Lord and tries to please him every day but she struggles desperately.She just keeps trying.She loves him with all of her heart.

BOTH women have the same heart but their own definition of "easy" is so different because of their upbringing.They are no different in God's eyes because he looks at the heart.How sad if the first woman should look at the second and say "Whats the matter with HER? She can't even cook a good meal for her family and look at how messy her house is and how bratty her children are!" She can't be trying, I mean how hard is it to do those simple things?

Both women struggle but at totally different levels.It is crazy how human tendency is that when we learn something, and it becomes easy for us,we want to look back at those who haven't gotten there yet and say "Whats the matter with you? This is easy!" It's a TERRIBLE attitude,totally ungodly.I have been guilty of it myself.If I have learned anything,become good at anything,I should be thankful to GOD.I should always remember how hard it was before I became good at it and should be patient,helpful and encouraging to those who haven't learned it yet.Another thing to remember is that we learn at different speeds.You can't say that once you have been a christian for 1 year, you should know this and this and this.By 5 years you should know this and this and this etc.The Lord teaches everyone differently.There most certainly should be, and will be, GROWTH in Christ if a person truly *is* a christian but that growth looks different for different christians sometimes.

I am so thankful that the Lord loved me even when I was a brand new christian knowing very little.He doesn't love me anymore now that I know more.He loves the new,ignorant christian as much as he loves the 100 year old christian who is full of HIS wisdom.

Do I ? How worthless of me,who has been given this love to turn around and feel less love for the struggling,ignorant christian than the strong,wise christian!

It is so easy to think "Well thats just common sense!" or "There is no excuse for that,anyone should know that!"

Us who are blessed to have godly training,let us not be impatient and condemning to those who want to learn and change but struggle so much because they have such a long hard hill to climb! If you start climbing the hill 3/4 of the way up you aren't going to be near as tired when you get to the top as the person who starts from the bottom!

2 comments:

  1. hit the nail on the head there Angie! I'm guilty of the same.
    thanks for the reminder!
    so thrilled you have a blog! :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Amanda......! I have had this blog for a while but didn't keep it up very well....Am going to try to do better this time.:)

    ReplyDelete