Friday, August 6, 2010

Today's blesings

I have been thinking about how it is so easy to overlook today's blessings.How many times do we dwell on how much we wish tomorrow's blessings were here and completely let today's blessings go by ignored? If it is raining today we say "I wish this rain would stop so we could go outside." If it is to hot and dry we say "Boy we sure need some rain." If it is winter we are wishing it is summer and then when summer gets here we complain about the heat.We desire children and then get frustrated because we have so much to do taking care of them.We are soooooooooo unthankful!

Collossians 4:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,to the which also ye are called in one body;and be ye thankful.

I am going to be thankful TODAY that TODAY I have:

Children to clean up after,to train and to hang on me all day because they love me!
Diapers to change because I have a precious baby.
Dishes to wash because we have food to eat.
Produce to can because I am healthy enough to plant and care for a garden.
Lots of food to cook because I have many hungry people to feed.
A night to plan for my sweet dh and I tonight because he is ALIVE and here with me!
Weight to lose because of a wonderful marriage and lots of pregnancies :)
A million things to think about,plan and get done because I am healthy enough to do them!
SO many flies to kill because we ar blessed enough to live in the country and have animals to attract the flies!
Rotten squash to get out of my basement cause I have a bunch of new fresh squash coming on to replace it!
Fruit flies to kill because well........atleast I don't have something tragic going on in my life that would make fruit flies seem minor! :):)

Most importantly,I have the Lord's wonderful Truth to dwell on all day and guide me as I try to complete all of my tasks.

It is Friday! I can't wait for my dh to get home! We celebrate our 14th anniversary on the 20th this month and He is still my very best friend and we are more in love than ever.

I am so thankful today and I want to stay feeling this way ALL day and not let the stresses of my day drag me down!

Enjoy TODAY'S blessings!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. SO sweet funny DH and I were talking of this yesterday how we need to be happy and content with the day at hand. Open our eye to see the blessings before us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true!! Great reminder to enjoy every day, including the messes :) So far James isn't making a lot of messes, just the diaper kind! But, I am sure he will be soon! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments!

    God Bless,

    Abigail Rose

    www.otwellfamily.com

    ReplyDelete