Thursday, January 27, 2011

hmmmmmm I can't think of a THING to blog about.....

That isn't going to take a bunch of time! I have one blog post in the making about how we love God but I keep on NOT finding the time to finish it.The other ideas I have take alot of time too lol! Since I don't want anyone to think that I have given up blogging I thought I would just write what we are up to around here!

We still have lots of snow! I am going grocery shopping tonight but since dh didn't have time to plow the driveway he suggested that I have ds put the chains on the van and make sure we would be able to get OUT! lol So we did that this morning and got stuck 3/4 of the way up....Ds to the rescue! He hooked a tow rope up and pulled me out with the truck! I am so proud of him! Anyhow,looks like we WILL be able to go shopping! :) The children are very excited as we have been keeping them home with Daddy when I shop to try and prevent any extra illnesses.....:) The van is safely parked at the top of our drive and when it is time to go we will all pile into the truck and drive up to the van! lol I hope that we don't have any sliding problems coming back DOWN our drive lol.I always hate that part.Sometimes I totally lose nerve and park at the top of the last hill and have dh drive down the rest of the way.Very seldom lol but it has happened!Anyhow,enough about that! :)

I am thrilled to be expecting baby # 7! Feeling pretty good so far but I am only 7 weeks.....Trying real hard to eat healthy and keep up my exercise.

I will be sending out my seed order within the next week! I am SO looking forward to spring and gardening! I have HUGE plans as always lol.I HAVE to make sure to be organized this year AND mulch alot as being due in September will be challenging! RIGHT in the middle of harvest!! :) As for now,I am going to have a blast starting all of my seeds and THEN..........

I am extremely excited about tapping season coming up in about 5 weeks! We will be tappping 100 trees and I am SO hoping for a good year!We will also be having special friends visiting and that makes it extra exciting! I look forward to making maple syrup,candy,cream and sugar! Delicious stuff and especially since we are OUT! Last year was not a good year......

We are hot and heavy in school work right now.I REALLY want to end the year ALL caught up! It helps that my children are crazy about reading.That makes a mothers life alot easier when it comes to teaching! Imagine trying to school a child who hated reading!

I have really been making effort to read to my *little* children.I want them to have the same love of reading that their big siblings do and I recently realized that I don't read to them nearly as much as I did my older children! I feel SOOOO bad! We are changing that though and I am thankful that I realized it!

We are continuing (much to Daddy's delight) to learn Latin this year and we are also learning Sign language! It is something that I never even had a desire to learn until a dear friend BRANDY introduced it to us! Now we are hooked and both my husband and I are amazed to see our 18 monther signing SO many things!

Hmmmmm what else? I am just thankful for the life I have! To think where I *could* be right now if I would have gotten the desires of my heart when I was 17!!!!!!!! (Insert a scared to death smiley) I am so thankful to God for withholding from me what I thought I wanted and giving me something else! I have the most wonderful husband,children and life! Thank you Lord for your many blessings on me!

4 comments:

  1. Anige - Oh, I love posts like this! Just every day life! Angie, I so wish we could live closer. You and I are EXTREMELY different in some ways, but we both have such a desire to love our husbands and care for our children - all for the glory of GOD! You ALWAYS leave me feeling more challenged to keep pressing on and NOT to become weary in doing good! Thanks for "sharpening" me each time I read your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue......You are so sweet! I sure would LOVE to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat to hear your update. I've not visited your blog for a bit. Of course, I knew about most of this stuff already anyway! Phbt! Why don't you post something I *don't* already know? JUST KIDDING!

    Oh, and you are getting me really excited about having a garden this year! I've already checked into the local extension and found what grows best out here. I need to figure out how to get a hold of some good "organic" fertilizer... *cough cough*. We are beginning to compost, but that stuff won't be ready until the middle of the growing season. *sigh*

    Still... it's getting exciting! I share your excitement. Oh, and if my kids' ask me one more time when we are going to your place... I might just make them ride on the top of the roof the whole way there! LOL! Really though, I am glad they are excited.

    Best get running... oh, and for the record...you need to update your blog! Bwahhhh ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Logan was wondering how "Peaches" is doing. :)

    ReplyDelete