~Psalms 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house,and to be a joyful mother of children.Praise ye the Lord.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
#7 is no less exciting.....In fact......
It is MORE exciting.
When I had my first child I was overjoyed.I couldn't believe I finally had a baby.I was finally a mother.I had dreamed about it since I was a little girl and then when I got married I lost my first two babies.When my first,full term,alive and healthy baby BOY was born I couldn't have loved him more!I couldn't wait for him to smile,then sit up,crawl,walk,talk,bake cookies with me etc. etc. I was so excited about motherhood!!!I coulnd't wait to experience it all!
When my 7th child and 5th BOY was born,I couldn't have loved him more! I DREADED him smiling,sitting up,crawling,walking etc. lol Instead,I cherished every moment of his precious newborn stage knowing that it would fly by faster than I wanted it to.I don't cherish him LESS because I already have 6 other children.I cherish every moment MORE because now I know how fast they grow up.
Of course,I DO want him to be healthy,thrive and GROW:).He is smiling now and it is soooooooooooo precious.I LOVE it!! But instead of thinking about how I can't wait until he reaches the NEXT stage I am just completely enjoying THIS stage.
I want to live my entire life like that.Being thankful for NOW.For TODAY.
I am so blessed to have this little man!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, Angie ... this is so true!! I keep trying to explain to people that I almost feel MORE overjoyed about Josiah than I even was with my first, but then it just doesn't make sense to most people. :) Every one of them is a blessing and a joy, I think I am just becoming more aware of that, and also allowing myself to enjoy it more. You expressed that so well ... thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. I'm 10ish days away from having baby #8 and I am positively giddy w/ excitement! Was just telling a friend today that it is so wonderful having babies "at my age". I don't take these pregnancies for granted like I did my first couple. I enjoy all of it! Maturity or something like that. ;)
ReplyDeleteA+ post. Couldn't agree more! I remember getting SO excited about the NEXT stage. I don't believe I spent half as much time truly enjoying and soaking in the wonder of my first as I do my sixth! (Not that he wasn't enjoyable... just that I didn't realize what a precious gift he was... and how quickly he would grow.)
ReplyDelete