Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Peanut butter

A year or so ago I stopped buying the "junk" peanut butter and determined to keep it up...Since then I have been only buying REAL peanut butter....Well,It takes some getting use to but we like it.......HOWEVER.....I made something really wonderful recently!! Peanut butter "Spread" that tastes SO much like junk stuff but is healthy! I was thrilled.....We all loved it and I could actually eat it for dessert......

Peanut butter spread.......

1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 TB maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla

Melt the peanut butter,butter and coconut oil together on very low heat.When combined,add everything else and beat/whisk until smooth.Pour into container and refrigerate!

Delicious!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound good. We love peanut butter here. Gary loves the natural ones too. Have you tried peanut butter with honey and brown sugar. Spread on bread with some cut up ripe bananas and then butter both sides of the sandwich and grill them golden brown. SO YUMMY!!! A favorite for me and kai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches and I have always loved peanut butter melts (a sandwich fried like you described) but have never tried "melting a peanut butter and banand sandwich! I will definitely try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete