Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cleaning and organizing

That is what we have been doing around here for the past several months.I have gotten to the point in life where I need to simplify.I tend to take on way to much.We have been working on getting rid of things for a LONG time now and things are finally coming together! It is looking sooooo wonderful and it just lifts my spirits to have a clean,open,decluttered house.We no longer have a play room but have gotten rid of most of the toys.See,we had hundreds and hudreds of toys and 90% of them didn't get touched.So now the 10% we have are only the good ones.The ones that everyone plays with.We have a big box of blocks,farm toys(barns/tractors/animals etc),baby dolls and accessories,and one container of misc. toys.It is SO wonderful.SO much easier for the children to pick up! They would get overwhelmed at the amount of toys we had before and not even know where to *start* with picking them up!We are storing them upstairs and when they are done being played with they can get put right back into their containers.I don't like having them play in a room downstairs (that is where the play room was) because I couldn't hear or watch them which means that I couldn't correct any bad behaviour.So this is perfect!

Yesterday I cleaned out most of my cabinets and today I am wasing ALL of my windows.That is going to be a project! :) I have so many other things to do today too but it is just so nice that everything is starting to look so good and decluttered.It makes life so much easier.I am convinced that the most important step to having a clean and organized home is to GET RID OF STUFF.Most of us have so many things laying around that we never touch and just clutter up our lives.Get rid of it! It isn't worth the time and if you are a mamma like me,life just goes so much smoother with a clean home.Now as I said,I still have some ground to cover.I have not arrived at "organized" yet :) but we are definitely getting there! Horray!

No comments:

Post a Comment