Proverbs 15:1
"A soft answer turneth away wrath:but grevious words stir up anger."
Such a simple,short verse that says so much.I have seen it proven true to many times to even count.I know how I feel when people use "grevious words" with me and I know how my children feel when I use "grevious words" with them.
I so badly want to raise my children with the right attitudes.I don't want them to be angry,frustrated and impatient.It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to get angry with them,use grevious words (or tones) and then turn around and correct them for being angry and impatient.That simply can't go on.We are stopping it around here.Our children are getting older and we are finding that lo and behold,while we have been teaching them so many good and godly things,we have also taught them our bad habits! Aren't the Lord's ways amazing? He blesses young,ignorant couples with children and while they train their children,HE uses the children to open the parents eyes on an unlimited amount of things that they need to change.So parents and children are learning together but there is one other wonderful thing that he has done.He instills this blind,forgiving love in children towards their parents.A love that says "Mamma,you are the best mother in the world" and "Mamma! You don't EVER treat us bad!" . My prayer and hope is that when my children lose the rose colored glasses that they will have received so much love and care from us that they will easily forgive our faults,knowing that we truly did devote our lives to them,that raising them in a godly home was our biggest priority and that we love them more than anything else in this world.
This is my verse for the day.I am going to concentrate on speaking softly.It works,of that I am positive.It has immediate effects on everyone.It is actually pretty amazing but I shouldn't be surprised as God's ways are perfect.I want to get them engraved into my heart and mind more and more and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment