My response is my responsibility,my response is my responsibility,my response is my responsibility...............................
I have been trying to memorize those words and keep them in my head.I recently read them in a book called "Love and Respect" and boy,it is quite hard to remember when the anger starts creeping in..It is much easier to blame my bad attitude on someone else.That is wrong though.The way that we respond to any situation is OUR responsibility.No matter how in the wrong our husbands are or how difficult our children are being.
It is late and I would be in bed by now if it weren't for a certain fussy,teething baby.:) I am so thankful for him but as he was fussing I found myself feeling irritated. I just wanted to go to bed! But........my response is my responsibility! I can't become impatient because my precious little baby is fussing.I need to be patient,kind and loving because it is RIGHT.I need to do everything as unto Christ!
Our circumstances are not to *blame* for the way we act.They reveal who we really are inside.When the pressure is put on,the true colors/scents are revealed.
It is easy to be a loving wife to a husband who brings home flowers every night,washes the dishes and tells you to go take a nice hot bath ALONE.:)
Not so easy to be loving to one who comes home in a bad mood because of problems at work and starts snapping at everyone.
It is easy to be thankful when everything is perfect but how thankful are we when things don't go as planned or things just go downright BAD?
It is easy to be full of faith when life is grand but when tragedies happen how is our faith?
The author of "Love and Respect" gives an example of a rose and a skunk.If you step on either of them,they reveal their "fragrance".Why do they smell the ways they do? Did stepping on them make them smell that way? No,they already had the smell within but when you put the pressure on,it caused the smell to be released.
When the pressure is put on do you smell like a skunk or a rose? I thought this was so excellent I just had to share it!
Well,off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment