Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We have company!!!!!

I love company! Anyone want to come visit?

Anyhow,we are having a wonderful time.I am cooking up a storm.I love to cook for company!Breakfast was homemade waffles with our *own* maple syrup and sausage patties.We are just snacking for lunch and supper will be bacon/cheese stuffed shells,a large salad and HM garlic toast.Dessert....Pumpkin cheesecake with HM whipped cream and maple syrup! Here in a few minutes my girls and I are making a batch of fudge to give to Grandpa for his birthday.My dh took one of his vacation weeks while his Dad is here (from out of state) !!! I am just LOVING having him home!!!!!! I have him here for 5 more days! He and his Dad are doing all kinds of projects here around the farm including putting 1,000 feet of water line in to our top barn so they are busy,busy,busy and I am having fun keeping everyone fed! :) Us ladies are going to the city wide yard sales this weekend and that is going to be a blast! My favorite place to shop.I have a teething baby who is being clingy and making it hard for Mamma to get anything done! :):) Poor guy has 4 of his back teeth coming in and they look SO painful.

Anyhow,the point of this post is to talk about hospitality and the things I have been learning about it.I have *always* loved company but am realizing that I can sometimes have a bad attitude now and then.*Especially* with women.I hate to say it but it is true,I don't blink an eye at serving men.I LOVE it! Working my tail off for another woman is something entirely different.:) Where I come from,the women all work together.We serve the meal and clean up afterwards and have a great time.:) I have learned that not all women are like this!

SO I am really trying to keep any ugly attitudes away.To make sure that the smile on my face is sincere and that I am not just pasting it on outwardly while screaming inwardly! I want to try and remember that things are not always what they seem and to just have a servants heart.Someone elses attitude is not my responsibility!Only my own!

All that really matters to me is that I have an attitude that is pleasing to the Lord!

 I want to be a wife that my husband can depend on and be proud of.Not one that has an attitude about anything.How miserable to have a wife who embarrasses you in front of company! I hope I have never embarrassed my husband.He says that I haven't and I hope to keep it that way!

I just want to make sure that I have a true servants heart and am truly happy INSIDE to serve others.Not just outwardly!Those bad attitudes can creep in so easily.

I have something wonderful to report though! I have been THRILLED to know inside that this patient mother that I am being in front of company is the same mother that has been here for the last month! She didn't just visit while company was here! It feels better than I can even explain so I won't bother trying.I just can't thank God enough though for this wonderful new attitude.

Well,this has been a badly put together post but oh well! I don't have a whole lot of time....Off to make fudge!

3 comments:

  1. God bless you as you serve your family!

    (When I am near that state, I will be stopping in! LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angie, I miss you! Can I come visit???? I'd be good company, I promise. Better yet, why don't you come here!

    Don't I wish.... ;)

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have both of you visit!!!!!!!! :):) I would come to your place in a heartbeat if I could Misty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete