Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our Fall/Winter schedule

Thanks to Grace I am motivated to post OUR daily schedule! I love seeing what her days look like and so I thought I would post what ours look like! I am not going to be posting it in parts with all sorts of neat pictures......:) That is a much nicer way but I am going to go the easy route and do it all at once! :) Any of you in blogland that schedule...........I would LOVE to see yours! So you should leave a comment telling me that you are going to post your schedule on your blog so I can look at it! :):):)

4:45- Mamma gets served coffee by Daddy.We enjoy our coffee together (sometimes we talk and sometimes we fight to stay awake lol).Then we have our morning prayer together.Children sleep.(*Most* of the time :) )

5:00-Daddy gets ready for work and Mamma gets up to make his lunch.I also make a few quarts of herbal tea.Some for him to take and some for the children and I to drink all throughout the morning.I make it in quarts and then pour it into teapots on the counter.Children sleep.:)

5:30-Daddy leaves with a kiss and Mamma has some quiet time to do whatever she wants.......Which is usually get on MOMYS or read blogs.:) About half of the time I have a nursling on my lap or a toddler.

6:30-Mamma gets up and does her daily chores or "territories" as we call them and wakes the big children to get dressed for the day and do an hour of school (MATH) before little people wake up.(We have one problem here...the little people always wake up.....need to change that :) )

7:00- Mamma works on her 100 push up goal(at 80 now) and does about 5 minutes of ab work.I have about 15 -20 min of free time here to do whatever.I usually pick up or work on breakfast.Big children continue to work on Math.

7:30-Wake little children up (if they are not up) and they get dressed and have a 1/2 hour to relax.Big children do their Morning territories.I make breakfast.

8:00-Everyone eats and the girls clean up the kitchen.

8:30-I prepare the 2 snacks for the day if they need prepared and work on whatever else that happens to need done.I might do some baking,make butter or laundry etc. 12 yo  gets the cows down to milk and then feeds the pigs.10yo feeds the one calf and gathers and washes eggs.Little children do their morning territories.

9:00- Big children (and any tag along little childre) milk the cows.I supervise and also get everything ready for my milk.On MONDAYS,somehwere between 8:00 and 9:00 I will make cheese.

9:30-Children still milking and little children play/milk.I do my WEEKLY chore.I strain my milk when the children bring it in.

10:00-We start school.......We start with everyone praying,we have a short lesson from scripture and go over our verse for the week that we are memorizing.The rest of the 1/2 hour we read whatever fun book we are currently reading from.

10:30-Geography for everyone with Mamma.

11:00-I take 10 minutes each with 3 of the little children(one at a time) alone in my room.We go over what they are to do in their workbooks or we read together.The big children do history and writing.

11:30-We  read Little House On The Prairie and go over thge days lesson out of the "Prairie Primer".

12:00- I make lunch with the little boys while the big children do Prairie Primer work.

12:30- Time to eat lunch and I have a few minutes on the computer.The boys do lunch cleanup.

1:00-I lay down with the baby for a nap.The little boys have "blanket time" on my bedroom floor.Each day of the week they have a different container of toys to play with.They may not get off the blanket except to use the bathroom and they must be quiet.The big children are in one spot and alternating days of Science/Latin and Language lessons.They too may not get up except for to use the bathroom.

1:30- All big children may read whatever they like but they still have to stay put.

2:00 I have an hour to wake up,exercise for 20-30 minutes and then shower and get myself ready for Daddy getting home.The children have an hour play break but they have to watch the baby.Ds 12 for the first 1/2 hour and Dd 10 the second 1/2 hour.

3:00- I start supper while the children go over their territories.

3:30- All of the children do their weekly chores and I clean up the kitchen.

4:00- Everyone is FREE :):) Sometime between 3:30-5:00 Daddy gets home and we sit and talk with him.Daddy and I have coffee on the couch and talk.The children are usually surrounding us but they may NOT get on the couch with us at this time :):).Hey,if Mamma does not set some boundaries she may NEVER have any time with Daddy! :)

Once Daddy is home we don't have much of a schedule.My oldest ds is usually doing some farm work with my dh and the girls may help me with whatever or they play.We try to make sure they have plenty of free/fun time.I aim for supper to be done at 6:00 but I am sad to say that I don't do a very good job at it.I am trying to do better at sticking to the schedule! I do kitchen cleanup.8:00 Daddy reads a chapter from the Bible and prays.Children go to bed at 8:30 and lights out at 9:00.Dh and I then have about an hour together before we need to go to bed.Thursday nights I do not go to bed with dh but try to stay up and clean or whatever I want.(I love to stay up late! :) )

This is our WEEKDAY schedule.

SATURDAYS my dh is home and we sleep in till about 7:00.....We have coffee and a late breakfast.....Then he is off doing farm work.The girls and I do monthly chores and then have a tea party.The rest of the day is just whatever is going on.

SUNDAYS we rest and enjoy as much as possible!We also have church together.(home church)

My next post will be what our "Daily" (territories),Weekly and Monthly chores are.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I have a schedule up somewhere on my blog...I'll try to find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a day in the life post on my blog somewhere...here it is http://antsonafarm.blogspot.com/2010/03/peek-into-my-day_16.html
    I will try to post another one updated (not much has changed though) soon though.

    I enjoyed reading your day! Busy busy busy as a bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Angie! :) I also LOVE seeing people's schedules! Here is my schedule/routine!;) http://theviewfromhiddenvalley.blogspot.com/2010/08/last-bits-of-summer-sunshine.html

    You will have to scroll down in this post to see my home schedule & also more detailed school schedule!

    PS - I ADORE the picture of the baby feet in your sidebar! :) Did you notice we have the same bloggy background? :) Mine is a little different though!

    Happy Tuesday to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went and looked at ALL of your schedules.....Still waiting on yours Grace! :) Amy....I LOVE that baby feet picture too :):) Oh and I JUST noticed TODAY that we had the same background!!!!!!! I wanted something fallish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm... I commented yesterday but I don't see it now! Your schedule looks great! You amaze me!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete