Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cinnamon Chip Scones



This is NOT healthy lol.Just warning ya....:)

My girls and I had these for our tea party yesterday and I am hooked.Not necessarily on Cinnamon Chip Scones but just on SCONES in general.I have made them before but the recipe must have not been a very good one because they did not have the unbelievable tenderness that these do.SO,this recipe is for cinnamon chip scones but you could leave the chips out (although they *are* delicious) and add just all sorts of stuff! You could also make healthier scones but I think that we will probably just save them for special occasions and use white flour.


3- 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup cold butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 pkg cinnamon chips
2 TB melted butter and sugar to sprinkle

Combine flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt.Cut in butter.Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.Fold in chips.Turn outonto floured surface and knead for a minute....just until dough is no longer sticky.Divide in half and pat each half into a 7 inch circle.Brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar.Cut each circle into 6 wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! These literally melt in your mouth and I think they are so beautiful and fancy looking! In the picture above they look smaller because for our tea party I cut one circle into 12 wedges istead of 6 but they are much prettier cut into 6 wedges.:)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments: