~Psalms 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house,and to be a joyful mother of children.Praise ye the Lord.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Well done thou good and faithful servant.....
The other day my husband pulled me aside and said to me "Have I ever told you how GOOD you are with our children?" I told him that he had, but he continued to tell me *just* how good of a job I was doing training our children and how much he appreciated it.
I am sure you all can understand how that made my day.I mean,it MADE MY DAY! REALLY! My husband is pleased with me.He thinks I am doing a good job mothering his children.He is HAPPY with me! He says that I do a good job training the children!
It made all of the sacrifice and hard work seem like NOTHING.It just didn't matter.My husband was happy with me and thought I was doing a good job.Since there is nothing (next to pleasing the Lord) that I strive to do more in this life than please my husband,those words were precious to me.
This morning it hit me that it was sort of similiar to the words that I hope to hear someday from the LORD.
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant......" (Matt 25:21,23)
I have always felt that those are the ultimate words of all time.To hear those words someday is my entire reason that I do everything that I do.NOTHING else matters, or is important in the end.I think of all the trials I may go through in this life and they seem like NOTHING.Not when I think of the reward in the end.I don't even mean the reward of heaven.Just to have pleased the Lord with my life.For him to be pleased with me and think that I did a good job! "Well done...."
When I imagine hearing those words in the end it makes my sometimes overwhelming job as a wife and mother seem EASY.It makes me want to do my job 100% .Give it my ALL.I don't care how hard it is!
I want to be pleasing to him.Nothing else matters!
Now that is motivation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment