Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Spring planning/Winter thankfulness


I know,I know..............Spring *is* a long time away but it seems SO close now that Christmas is over and I am getting seed catalogs in the mail! :) It really IS close! If I take 2 weeks to get my seed order together, and then it takes 2 weeks to get my seeds, that will put me at FEB 1 and that means I would be able to start some seeds! It is a little early but I always start atleast some that early because I am so anxious.....We will be tapping 100 maple trees the whole month of March, part of April and after that......spring will truly be here! :) It is exciting......

BUT I am not tired of winter.There isn't any *sense* in me being tired of winter as winter IS here to stay for a while yet.:) I either have to like it or choose to be unhappy.I choose to like it.There are many things about winter that I am still looking foreward to enjoying......

Baking with my children.
Reading books to my children in front of a warm fire.
Hot chocolate
Warm fires :)
Being tucked up in a warm house in the middle of a beautiful snowstorm.
Having my sweet husband home more.
Having less work to do.
School with my children.
Sewing,quilting,knitting,crocheting etc.Not much time for or desire to do those things in the summer.

I am sure there are more things but those are enough to make a person thankful for winter I think!! :)

So here is a mini challenge for all of you who enjoy spring like I do......:) Learn to enjoy and be thankful for the season you are in! Think of it this way......If you live in a climate with 4 seasons and you live for 50 more years,you have aprox 150 months of winter to face and that is aprox 14 years.......14 years of unthankfulness and complaining or 14 years of joy! :):)

I am going with the joy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Angie - I am LOVING this weather! We live on a path that runs about 50 miles or so. My dh is a teacher so he is off for 2 full weeks. So every day I've been getting all dressed up in full outside gear, and going on long, quiet walks in the snow. SO beautiful and SO restful for my soul. This morning I sang out loud and had some wonderful prayer time. In the summer, the path is full of people and I can not sing out loud or people think I'm loony! :o)

    Good to "see" you back here! I love your posts! So inspiring!

    ~Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, Angie. What a beautiful reminder to enjoy the seasons rather than grumble about what you are missing. (Gotta post this up so that when it's 103 degrees outside with 93% humidity... I am reminded to be thankful and look for the good, then as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd let everyone know that Angie isn't really conceited. I accidently posted under her account... that last commetn should have been from ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that is SO hilarious Brandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete