Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SPRING!!!!!!!!!!

I had to change my blog to a more springy look because I am officially out of winter mode! :):) I got my seeds from Seed Savers Exchange and we will be starting some soon! Seed Savers Exchange is a wonderful place to get heirloom seeds.Most of what I need I will get from my local co-op.They carry alot of Seed Savers seeds amd I will just get it as I need it but I wanted to be sure to have the exact tomatoes and a few other things that I wanted.....These are the varieties that I got from my order to get us started! :)

Lettuce.......Seed Savers Lettuce Mixture
Brussels Sprouts......Long Island Improved
Cauliflower.....Early Snowball
Spinache......American
Broccoli.......Calabrese
Cabbage.....Mammoth Red Rock and Premium Late Flat Dutch

TOMATOES........:) The children all got to choose a kind and after a long time of debating we chose.....

Mamma.....Brandywine (Sudduths Strain),Hungarian Heart,Hillbilly Potato Leaf,Gold Medal,Juane Flame,Black From Tula,and Romas.

You can go to Seed Savers and read about them if you want.I can't WAIT to get them started!!! Hopefully this weekend! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment