I would love to encourage you ALL to make sure that your children are not coming before your husband.
You need to keep your marriage first.
This is best for your children.
One of the best things you can do for your children is to keep your marriage strong.
Children are miserable when Mamma and Daddy aren't happy.
Are your children up too late at night? Have you ever considered putting them to bed early enough so that your husband and you have at least an hour together every night ALONE ?
Maybe it won't work for some and that's ok.........I don't want anyone writing me and telling me how it is impossible for them to do that because of xyz.That's fine....I understand that there are unique situations.
Most of us though, could definitely put the children to bed earlier.They don't have to go to sleep right away.
My children LOVE books on tape at night!
My little boys go into their beds to be read to and tucked in by Mamma at 8:00.This gives my husband and I some time with just the older children who go to their rooms at 9:00.That gives us time alone then for at least an hour.Sometimes we even stay up later........We read together/talk/watch movies/eat dessert......:):)
We don't allow the children to call out to us every 5 minutes asking for a drink or to use the bathroom either.They are usually out in no time.
Try it!
I completely agree with this, Angie!
ReplyDeleteI love that post mamma. I tenk you give some gaet igsampols
ReplyDeletelove ppatience
I love that post mamma I tenk you give some grat igsamolls
ReplyDeletelove patience
lol I gave my dd permission to get on here and write on her private blog AND read a few other friends blogs.I was sitting right here but I did not notice that she was reading MY blog! lol I guess I am a friend of hers! lol She told me that she left me a comment.......lol Thankfully there was not much "spice" in this post!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah.....She doesn't know how to spell "example" :):).Nice try though don't you think????? :)
LOL, so cute!! Great job, Patience! :)
ReplyDeleteAngie, you are right on. Our children have early bedtimes, though I'm thinking about talking to Nathan about moving them a bit later so he can get more time with them at night too, right now they go to bed at 7. It is so nice to have that evening time with just Nathan and I (and the baby), even if we are just relaxing and watching a movie together. :)
what happens when your husband is sleeping before the children??? and dont like to be woak up??? then u spend every evening by yourself?? try to put children to bed earlier and he lets them watch movies till he falls asleep????
ReplyDeleteIt is also good to remember that this idea won't work for everyone. (As Angie said.) In "our house", we do things differently than her suggestion and that is okay, too. The IMPORTANT thing is to find what works for you and YOUR husband. Maybe it's making sure you have time together right when he gets home from work. Maybe it's that you both wake up earlier than the children. The key is to put your marriage in a priority spot above the children and below the Lord. :) Sometimes, it takes creativity. My husband works such long hours- he often doesn't get home until late. He works 6 days a week, too. So, to put the children to bed early would not work for us... but we have found that the children can just as easily learn that Daddy and Mama have a set time together and they are not to be bothered (but for emergencies). Find what works for YOUR MARRIAGE... it doesn't necessarily have to look like HER MARRIAGE. KWIM? :)
DeleteHTH
I agree with the heart of this post, Angie.
:)
Nope........If it were *me* I would:
ReplyDelete1.Change mine and my children's hours to my husbands hours.I would be getting up WITH him in the mornings and getting the children up much earlier so that they would be ready to go to bed much earlier.I am a night owl too but hey....If it came down to staying up late or having more time with my man? No question which one I would choose :).
2.I would try and be thankful for my man who works so hard.
But I have already told you both of these things :)