Thursday, February 23, 2012

Does *HE* feel that you follow him anywhere?

How would he feel if he had to come home and tell you that something came up and you had to move out of the country?

Would he be afraid that you would refuse to come?

Would he be afraid that you would come but that you could not handle it emotionally?

Or would he be confident that even if you didn't want to,you would follow him anywhere and support him in whatever he decided was best for the family? (Need I put a disclaimer here that I don't mean you should support him if he wanted to murder someone or rob a bank?)

Does he KNOW that you are committed to being his Help-meet?

That you would never DREAM of not following him?

For the record,I would h.a.t.e to move out of the country.I love where I live,I have no desire to move and well,I could give you a million reasons why lol.My husband gets my opinion on just about any decision he makes.He is looking at tractors right now,he loves for me to look at them with him and let him know which ones I like/dislike.It would seriously sway his decision if I didn't like a certain tractor.I love that :).

Anyhow.....:) (Brandy,I smile and think of you every time I say "anyhow".)

Anyhow, all that to say that if my dh DID for some reason make a huge decision like that without consulting me, I would trust that it was what he thought was BEST.He KNOWS that he could not shake me if he WANTED to lol.After serving the Lord,(and serving my husband is part of this),there is NOTHING more important to me in THIS life than being his help meet.I would follow him to the end of the earth!!

I hope that you feel the same about your husband and that he KNOWS it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, my hubby knows it.
    But we've been through it already...not to another country, but 1800 miles away from where we both grew up (might as well been another country). It was NOT easy..we had only been married a couple years, and my dream of raising our children where we grew up were shattered. Family hating that we were moving..people telling me to just stay...people telling him I would divorce him, etc. It was a rough time..but i was determined..even though we were young (20 and 22), and I was a 'baby' Christian at the time, I knew going with him was the right thing to do. (besides, I loved him to death, so i didn't WANT to leave him). But I was miserable the first few years away. I missed out on alot with my family..I don't even know my nieces and nephews..mom and dad both got sick and died, all my grandparents passed away..all in the 12 yrs we've been away.

    All that to say..it's easy to say how you will react in a situation..but to actually live it, is another. It literally took a dying to self..

    If he wanted to up and move now..anywhere, it would be easier of course, we've been married for 15 yrs..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, yup, yup! Lol! He knows it...it's the waiting that wears on one. LOl. But seriously, it's SO important that he knows I'll follow him no matter what. Thank you so much for being an encouragement...I really appreciate you, Angie. I don't feel so alone in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He and I have had this very thing happen, each of us once being on the receiving end of having to decide whether or not we could move out of our comfort zone.

    First, it was when the opportunity to move closer to my older kids came up in 2006. It would mean moving back to a small town where there were a handful of people - in a church, no less! - who demonstrated hatred towards both of us, and where there were few opportunities for work for Sweet Man.

    (Long story, some of which is here: http://holy-sheepdip.blogspot.com/2011/08/why-i-escaped-and-from-what-did-i.html)

    But because he loves me so much, and knows how important my kids are to me, we moved.

    Then he got a job in a town an hour away from our new location. It meant a lot of highway driving here in BC, Canada, with snowy winters and suicidal deer year round.

    He wanted to move closer to work. That would make it hard for my older kids to go back and forth between me and their biological father who only lives five minutes away now.

    I knew how important it was to Sweet Man, though, and so although it was torture to think of being so far from my older kids, I went with him to house shop.

    We found our dream home. It was everything we both wanted. We put in an offer, and the only thing that held us up was my messed up credit (which is another long story).

    We prayed that the house would still be available in a few months when my credit was expected to be fixed, but someone else bought it. We were so sad about that.

    Then there started to be rumors about the lumber mill where Sweet Man works going through a future refit, which would mean downtime of work possibly over a year.

    We saw God's hand in that: if we would have bought that house, which was a lot of money for us, if Sweet Man was out of work, there is no way my income as a medical transcriptionist from home could carry us through all the payments.

    Anyway, I should've just written a blog entry and sent you a link, this became so long! :) All that to say, I understand.

    ~Squirrel

    ReplyDelete