I was walking out through my garden this evening and decided to stroll through the yard to see if I might find some morels.Sometimes we have found them right in our yard.....I couldn't believe what I found! I ended up hunting for about an hour and found over 30 morels! Big ones too....If you have never had a morel.......well,I feel sorry for you! lol They are unbelievably delicious! Slice them in half,coat them with flour and maybe a teeny bit of season salt/pepper/garlic if you choose and then fry them in butter until they are slightly crisp on the outside....Guess what we are having with out roast/gravy and potatoes?? I can't wait! 
Nutritional value? I am not sure.....There are many,many different opinions....I do know for sure that:
#1 People have been hunting and eating morels for a long, long, long time.....That itself makes me like them....I would feel much safer eating a morel then I would eating a pop-tart etc.
#2 Combine the above with the fact that they are a WHOLE food that grows in the wild that the LORD made and I find it hard to believe that they don't have some really good stuff in them! I am not worried at all that they are UN healthy.....
It is a really,really good feeling to harvest delicious food off of your land and eat it for supper!
No comments:
Post a Comment