Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Victory!

Today was sewing day.Grandma comes down and us girls (my dd's,Grandma and I) sit down and crochet/knit/cross stitch and have a nice peaceful time.

lol

The way it usually goes is that Grandma and girls crochet while I *attempt* to crochet and at the same time, nurse a baby,tell little boys that if they are going to sit with me that they have to be still,tell boys to quit flipping around the living room,tell boys that I don't want to hear gun shot imitations right now,tell boys to quit wrestling,tell boys to sit in one spot and stay there,tell boys to be SILENT AND FOLD YOUR HANDS!

lol JK.....but is sure is tempting sometimes! :) Actually I do occasionally tell them to be silent and fold their hands when they really need to calm down but it doesn't go like described above lol.

So today Mamma is smart and has boys sitting on a blanket to STAY there with Tuesday's activity pack.They had toy educational computers,new books,a few special toys and PLAYDOUGH. (what was I thinking?).So,apparently I should have them  sit on a dishtowel instead of a blanket because they can do quite a bit of running/wrestling/tag playing etc. on a blanket and they did a real good job at getting playdough everywhere....Like pea size pieces and smaller.:)

So I am attempting to work on a quilt square while all of this is going on and my irritation and frustration starts building up....You know ,that attitude that equals saying ..."Can't I ever have any peace and quiet for one moment?" I am not actually THINKING those words, but it's that ugly attitude. I feel the sigh start coming on....You know "Poor me,I have all of these noisy,hyper,loud,energetic,LOUD boys that keep interupting me."

Then out of the blue ,(Thank you Lord), it hit me that there is no reason to get irritated.This can be taken care of without acting like this.So we got everything cleaned up and I got the boys reading books and eventually my 3yo fell asleep and all went well.

It didn't hit me till tonight while sitting in the living room having coffee with my dh that:

"Hey,the outcome was the same."

I told him that the outcome was the same.We got through the ordeal without bad attitudes from Mamma and the outcome was the same! No one suffered.My bad attitude would have benefited NOTHING.My dh corrected me though and told me that no,the outcome was totally different.Meaning,so much BETTER.SO much was accomplished by keeping a good attitude and not getting angry.

Everyone gained and Mamma didn't have to go througha guilt trip for being irritated with her precious children.

Wow! Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment