We picked our first apples a couple of days ago! The children and I walked through our wild apple orchard and filled several bags with beautiful apples.Our property has hundred of wild apple trees.We have gotten rid of alot to make better pasture but we still have soooo many.Some of them produce thousands of dime sized apples lol and others produce wonderful big apples! I can't tell you how much pleasure these trees give me.It was one of the highlights of this property when we bought it.In the spring,the blossoms are unbelievable......Pinks,light purples and white everywhere and the smell is one of my very favorite parts of spring.Now,fall is almost here and to walk through the orchard/pasture is one of my very favorite parts of fall.Yellow,green,red and two tones apples everywhere.Just beautiful!!!!!! The apples did wonderful this year.....some years they don't do as good,but this year,we should have plenty of apple pie filling canned,apples dried,bags of diced apples in the freezer,apple butter and if I have the freezer space....apple cider! We have an amish friend who will press our apples for us and one year we had 35 gallons of cider in the freezer.Delicious!
I am really looking forward to fall and all that it brings.....when the apples are ready to pick, I know that summer is saying good bye, and fall is saying hello! I am so thankful for all of the seasons and all that they bring.They all have their benefits and disadvantages,just like lots of things in life.You can't build a snowman, or cuddle up in front of a warm fire with a cup of hot chocolate, in the dead of summer.You can't feel the pleasure of diving into beautiful,fresh,cool water or drinking a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day,in the middle of winter! There is pleasure in watching my garden die off because I know that I will have less work to do soon.When the trees are getting ready to lose their leaves, we get to see all of the beautiful colors of fall!There is also pleasure in walking around my yard in the spring and searching for signs of life.I LOVE to see all of the little plants coming up and looking forward to another beautiful garden season.I am so thankful that I live in an area with all 4 seasons!


So true, Angie!!! Lovely post! :)
ReplyDeleteIt seems like fall came a little quicker this year than usual here. Those apple trees are lovely. We used to live down the road from a huge wild apple orchard. A man had planted them all when he had homesteaded, years and years ago and they were on a piece of park property now near the river. It was beautiful and a great place to pick apples.
ReplyDeleteI love fall what a beautifu picture.
ReplyDelete