Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What we eat for BREAKFAST

I am posting this for a dear MOMYS friend Lori.This will be nice because now,when I don't know what to make  I can come here and look at a list lol.

Oats- peanutbutter/brown sugar (my favorite) ,apple/coconut oil/flax/honey,cinnamon with buttered toast,any fruit with brown sugar.

Peanutbutter toast with honey

Eggs in a variety of ways.....scrambled with toast and ketchup or salsa-dippy eggs with toast-omelets-or my favorite way....sautee any kind of vegies(I love green peppers/onions/garlic/brocolli) then crack a few eggs on top and scramble.Sprinkle with cheese and serve with buttered toast.

Pancakes/eggs/bacon or sausage

Eggs,bacon and toast

Fried cornmeal mush with bacon and butter/maple syrup

Sausage gravy over biscuits

Lots of different kinds of muffins

Waffles with BUTTER :) and maple syrup

Breakfast cookies

My dh loves breakfast type scrambles....You know,biscuits topped with sausage/eggs/vegies then a cheese sauce and syrup type stuff.I make different stuff like that now and then.

Breakfast hot pockets

Popovers

Egg sandwiches

Overnight french toast

Regular french toast

Granola

Yogurt and granola or yogurt and fruit

Fried potatoes/eggs/cheese combo with BUTTERED toast :)

Crepes with brown sugar filling or strawberry/cream cheese filling

Cinnamon rolls

Cream cheese/fruit. breakfast danishes

Biscuits substituded for the toast sometimes

Breakfast sandwiches

Pancake/sausage/bacon sandwiches

Ok,I think that is the basic stuff that I make :)

Yes,we LOVE butter and don't feel in the least bit guilty about it! :) We use it generously to fry everything in from eggs to pancakes and we load our toast/pancakes/muffins and biscuits down with it! Butter is wonderful for you,especially when it comes from your own Jersey cows and made in your kitchen! :)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, yummy!
    We eat a lot of that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas Angie. So let me ask, the first item listed ... do you mean oatmeal topped with the things you suggested? What's a popover? How do you make breakfast hot pockets? If you have time to answer me then feel free to just PM me on MOMYS.

    ReplyDelete