Sunday, November 7, 2010

Delicious creativity with BUTTER

I LOVE flavored butters!!!! I thought some of you might too so here are a few kinds that I love making.

Garlic- Herb Butter

1 pound butter
4-6 TB minced garlic
2 TB paprika
2-4 TB chopped fresh (or 2 TB dried) basil,rosemary etc.
2 TB sun dried tomato bits

Orange-Honey Butter
(have not made this one or the rose one)

1 pound butter
2/3 cup honey
3 TB fresh grated orange rind

Pineapple-Rose Honey Butter

In addition to the ingredients in Orange-Honey Butter (above) add 2 TB crushed,drained pineapple and 1/2  cup fresh ,minced rose petals and 1 tsp vanilla.

Autumn-Delight Butter

1 pound butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup honey

Those are a few ideas but use your imagination!!! For every recipe above just mix all ingredients in a bowl and then I like to shape the butter into 2 logs and wrap in waxed paper.SO pretty for gifts and soooo delicious! Letting the flavors blend before use for a few days is great too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment