Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vitamins vs.Whole foods

I have never taken vitamins.Well,I guess I did once in my first pregnancy.....I did for a little while because that was/is just the thing to do.In pregnancy,you take prenatal vitamins.Everyone does.I haven't taken any "vitamins" since then.I have heard that with the way the world is now,(pollution,depleted soils etc.) that we *can't* get enough vitamins out of the food we eat.I don't believe it.:) I believe that we *do* have to be extremely careful in our food choices.Grow/raise what we can,buy local and be very careful when we buy food from a store.In other words,Wal-Mart is out lol. HERBS are a great source for vitamins and minerals too! I believe that the further that you get away from God's original product,the worse off you are.

Raw milk  It is FULL of amazing  vitamins,minerals,good fats,protein etc.

Eggs  from free ranged chickens.ANOTHER absolutely amazing food that is just loaded with nutrition,*especially* the yolks.Funny that two of the most nutritious foods (raw milk and eggs) are considered *unsafe* and *unhealthy* by the "professionals".

Smoothies.......I use HM yogurt,frozen fruit,vanilla and kale.OJ concentrate is great for making smoothies good without added sugar.I don't use it much though as it is still a sugar.

Apple cider vinegar......A tsp or two a few times a day in water.

Bee pollen I hate the taste of bee pollen so I recently put it into capsules for my dh and I.

Spirulina I have recently started trying to get this into our diet but it really gags me.Capsules are real messy to do.I can stomach it in my smoothie but I sure like my smoothie better without it.Sooooo the other day I thought that I would just mix it with some water and down it THEN drink my GOOD smoothie.NO way could I do it....It was so disgusting lol.I think I will just have to do put it in my smoothies.

Herb tea...I have mentioned this before many times I know:).If you have never read it before,go read my blog post about Nettle and then do a little research on it.Amazing stuff.There are so many wonderful tonic herbs that are safe to take daily.Get educated and have fun making your own tea mixes.

So anyhow,those are our vitamins! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good post! Thanks...
    I do use vitamins. But I know I need them. I don't believe the hogwash about depleted soil though. God made the soil to be planted, tilled and toiled!

    We have our own chickens for most of our eggs but we need more to get all our eggs from them. My friend is going to let us in on her cow share in the spring! I am excited.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete