Friday, December 3, 2010

Menu for the next 2 weeks

OK......:) First I will say what I decided on as far as sweets go.We *love* sweets in our family and I LOVE to bake but we really do need to cut out alot of sugar so......

Saturday tea parties- We will have healthy snacks made with fruit/natural sugar/whole grains except for one tea party a month.....We can choose whatever we want for that one tea party a month.

Family night (FRI) the children get to take turns choosing a dessert.This way I don't start feeling deprived that I don't even get to bake things for my children that are super yummy.:) I will limit myself though (and them) and just have one serving of dessert.

Saturday nights/date night dh and I choose what we want.It is a free night where I can eat whatever I want but unlike my previous free nights,I am stilll going to make the meal we eat as healthy as possible although I may give a little in some areas.Anyhow,I need a time to look forward to that I can eat what I want.

WED night I can make a healthy dessert.No white flour or processed sugar.All ingredients must be whole foods.This way my dh can have atleast one day of having some sweets in his lunch.:)

If someone gives us something sweet,we will eat it.That isn't our problem.If a special occasion arises,we will indulge.Special occasions are not our problem either.It is the every day stuff that we have the biggest problem with.

Grains.....All bread/toast/muffins/crackers/pancakes/tortillas etc. mentioned are soaked,whole grain and home made.

My children drink as much raw milk as they want and I will be trying to add it into meals when possible for myself.I am also allowing them to have vanilla/stevia milk in the evenings as a treat.Satisfies a sweet tooth, has zero sugar and is delicious!!

We will also be able to have healthy snacks in the evenings if desired even though they aren't listed on the menu below.

Herb tea will be had in the AM when everyone wakes sweetened with stevia and honey.(except for mine,I don't ever sweeten my tea)

I will be having my morning coffee with brown sugar and cream.....:) I will also have a cup in the evening if I want it which is about 1/2 the time.

Breakfast is served as soon as the children awake and they get their snack after all the morning chores are done and before school.

Yogurt is hm with raw milk.

The bone broth soup will be from freshly butchered chickens.

So,that said...........:)

WEEK 1

MON
BREAKFAST -Omelets with vegies/cheese and fried in butter/Toast/Yogurt with fruit
SNACK- Lacto fermented beets with home made cheese
LUNCH- "face" sandwiches which means a slice of bread spread with cream cheese/mayo and a face made out of vegies.
SUPPER- Peppered venison roast sandwiches/steamed brocolli


TUE
BREAKFAST- Peanut butter toast.....Green smoothie
SNACK-Crackers spread with "Cheese Crock"
LUNCH- Bone broth chicken soup with hm croutons and hm cheese
SUPPER-Brussel Sprouts Country Pie

WED
BREAKFAST- Open faced egg sands with sauteed vegies
SNACK-Sunflower seed sprouts....Crackers....Cheese Crock
LUNCH-Bone broth chicken soup (sounds grose doesn't it? lol)
SUPPER-Chicken Enchiladas....Mexican salad

HEALTHY DESSERT NIGHT....Coconut bars

THUR
BREAKFAST-Oats (unsoaked....just don't like soaked at all) with peaches....Sausage...Cucumbers w/ cream cheese
SNACK-Cottage cheese with pineapple
LUNCH- Face sandwiches
SUPPER- Sausage skillet supper (rice/beans/sausage/seasoning)

FRI (family night)
BREAKFAST-Boiled eggs....Cinnamon muffins
SNACK- Carrot sticks with hm french onion dip
LUNCH- Salad
SUPPER-Finger food buffet.....Boiled eggs/cheese/cucumber slices with french onion dip/Garlic cheese crackers with marinated pork loin cubes and chosen dessert is.....:)  Strawberry Cheesecake.Healthy almond/arrowroot crust and just a teeny bit of hm strawberry freezer jam for the topping.There will be sugar in the filling......

SAT (date night)
BRUNCH-Eggs/vegies/sausage and cheese
SNACK- Yogurt (greek style) with fruit
SUPPER- Italian meatballs/Salad/Garlic toast

DESSERT.....:) We will be sharing a *small* Symphony bar (dh and I) and having chocolate chip cookies and coffee.

SUN
BRUNCH-Dippy eggs with cayenne and toast
SNACK- Radishes with hm cheese
SUPPER- Leftovers

WEEK 2

MON
BREAKFAST-Eggs/cheese....Yogurt/fruit
SNACK-Carrot sticks/hummus/french dip
LUNCH-Beans loaded with pork chunks and sausage....salad
SUPPER- SAME

TUE
BREAKFAST-Venison back straps....eggs....green smoothie
SNACK-Crackers....hm cheese
LUNCH- Bone broth chicken soup
SUPPER-SAME

WED
BREAKFAST-Oats w/ peanutbutter
SNACK- Lacto fermented beets w/ hm cheese
LUNCH-Leftover soup with croutons...carrots/hm dip
SUPPER-Broc cheese baked potatoes with sour cream

HEALTHY DESSERT NIGHT- Peanut cookies

THUR
BREAKFAST-Sausage/pancake sandwiches....Green smoothies
SNACK-Venison jerkey....dates
LUNCH- Peanut butter tortillas....fruit
SUPPER-Shepherds pie....Bread....Cheese

FRIDAY (family night)
BREAKFAST- Boiled eggs....peach muffins
SNACK-Sunflower seed sprouts....crackers....cheese crock
LUNCH-Leftovers
SUPPER- Sprouts...Crackers....hm cheese w/ sundried tomatoes...jerkey....carrots and DESSERT will be a variety of Christmas baking that I am doing for neighbors and friends.

SAT (date night)
BRUNCH- Pancakes and eggs
SNACK- Yogurt and fruit
SUPPER- Chicken with sauteed onions and vegies served with a clear sauce (made from chicken stock) over pasta.I wanted to add pinenuts but at 25 $ a lb I passed.

DESSERT will be Christmas goodies again (pumpkin rolls,buckeyes/snickerdoodles/toffee/cinnamon rolls etc.)

SUN
BRUNCH- Breakfast burritos
SNACK-  This is a "treat" snack.Sweetened vanilla yogurt with peanut butter granola.
SUPPER-Leftovers

5 comments:

  1. Yum...but I don't feel like even making a menu, let alone eating it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't plan on eating all that peanut butter while we are there! LOL! The SP2 book has some menu samples in there... well, quite a few actually- and with a greater variety. If you want, I can bring it up when we come (if you would like some extra ideas.) Your menu looks great, I just know I can always use more "healthy" ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Angie, I was inspired to make a menu out after I posted that I didn't feel like it and got it all made and then............
    OUR oveN BroKe DoWn! We can't fix it yet either until after the holidays! UGhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer MamaAnt!!!!!!!!! I'm SO sorry!!!!!!!!!

    Definitely bring that book Brandy!!!!! Of course we plan on eating no nuts while you are here!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Yum! :) Can you post or have you posted how you make your homemade crackers? :)

    ReplyDelete