Saturday, December 4, 2010

Making soap!




Here you go Ang! :) My SIL and I are making soap for a soap exchange and I wanted her to see my pretty swirl soap.:) I am so proud of it! The last swirly soap I made was oh about 3 years ago and my SIL and I actually made it together.It was a cream colored soap with beautiful blue swirls but as we sat admiring the beautiful soap we remembered that we hadn't added the essential oils!! lol Soap is not soap without scent :) so we were dumping bottles of oil in and stirring.We ended up with beautiful blue soap with no swirls.......

Anyhow,the soap that I made here is Vanilla Fudge and it smells SO good.I will add more photos tomorrow when I cut it.....I will also add pictures of the soap I made yesterday called "Angel food spice cake".
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Looks so neat! But I think I would go crazy wanting to eat the soap I am using! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! So do you cut it into bars then? (Yes, I have no clue about making soap - but I'd love to learn.) :D

    I enjoy your blog.

    ~Crystal - from MOMYS

    ReplyDelete
  3. angie did you justusesoap dye or do you use a plant source for coloring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does smell good enough to eat Tracy!! lol

    Yes,you do cut it into bars Crystal! :)

    LittleBlessings.......I have never used soap dye.I use crayons or natural things.The Angel Food Spice Cake was dyed using Cinnamon and the "Fudge" in the Vanilla soap was made with cocoa powder! :)

    ReplyDelete