Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cowboy cookies for my 6yo (HM quart jar mix)

I am doing a fun project with each of the children and my 6yo ds and I are going to make up a bunch of these :).He can make his special cookies for the family and he will feel So proud! :)


Cowboy Cookies (In a jar mix)

1 1/3 cups rolled oats


1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

1.Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar in the order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.

2.Include a card with the following instructions: Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. 2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. 3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Tasty (but for the nuts ~ at our house)! I love making "jar" gifts. We do that each year as well, and pass them out. I hope you and your Biter have a wonderful time together... and hope he doesn't let his Mama eat all those cookies alone! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! We did something similar last year, but with homemade hot cocoa mix. It was something easy and fun that my (then) 5yoDD could do with me. Thanks for the reminder ... I had completely forgotten! I might do that again! :)

    ReplyDelete