Friday, December 9, 2011

I was sitting on the couch last night.........

and I looked around and realized that there really *were* children everywhere lol.

One child making a cake.

One child doing a math lessons.

One child zooming around on a little riding toy.

One child hugging Daddy.

One child nursing and

2 children playing in the playroom.

I could see them all from where I sat and I was just overwhelmed with thankfulness!

It wasn't hectic......It wasn't even really noisy but it was just a pleasant sound.Busy,happy voices of children all around..(I didn't mean to rhyme lol)

I tried to imagine if it was just dh and I! ahhhhhhh I can't imagine.

Or if we just had one or two children........Nope,can't imagine.

In ten years from now we will have a 23yo,21yo,18yo,16yo,14yo,12yo, and a 10yo PLUS,if we keep having babies every 2 years like we have so far we could have an 8yo,6yo,4yo,2yo and a newborn!!!!! lol That seems IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!! lol I am already FULLY blessed and if I didn't have anymore babies I could not complain but it would also be amazing to have that many more.

I really can't believe we have SEVEN children.I can remember my first being layed on my chest and being in amazement that I was finally a mother.I kept saying "I finally have my OWN baby".I had always dreamed of being a mother.I couldn't wait until I could DO things with him.I wanted to bake cookies,do fun projetcs......Wow lol life sure is different now and that baby is 13.An amazing boy.

Scott and I are loving this stage of life.We are starting to have oldER children plus we still have our babies.It is really quite awesome!

5 comments:

  1. That's one nice thing about an open house plan... you can see all of your blessings at one time! LOL! Our house is very "closed"... in order to see all of our blessings at the same time- they have to be sitting right next to you! It seems crowded sometimes... but what I wouldn't give to be even MORE crowded! LOL!

    Wow! In 10 years, I'll have a 19,17,16,14,12, and 10 year old... and if the Lord DOES bless us with more... what a GREAT thought! Looking forward to having teenagers! I really AM! My prayer is that they will "Walk in Truth"! What a neat thought you shared today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to that stage - olders AND youngers! But I am really enjoying this stage with all littles ones, too :) The picture you painted of all of your children busy and happy is a beautiful one ... thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I remember that stage as the oldest child at home. We were as blessed as Mom and Dad. It's still awesome to go back and experience it again. Mom and Dad, Joe and I, my sister and her husband, My "older younger" sisters, 6 little sisters and brothers still 11 years and under, our children, my sister's baby, sometimes my grandparents. WOW! A full and BLESSED house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that thought...about how old your children will be in 10 years! :) I love the glance around the room at the children....it is so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - Love the pictures of your kids in the sidebar! :)

    ReplyDelete