you have LOTS of them!
It hit me the other day that some days I get to the end of the day and I feel like I have not connected with or really ENJOYED a few of my children.I mean,I always connect with atleast a few of them and I ALWAYS enjoy ALL of them.I don't mean that they are a burden but sometimes life can get so busy that I don't REALLY enjoy them as I should.Especially the little boys.They bring such DELIGHT to my husband and I every day.They are so funny,cute and just PRECIOUS but somedays,it seems that I look at them at the end of the day and realize that other than chores and school they have just been off playing all day.I have taken care of them,schooled them,fed them,bathed them,brushed their teeth etc. etc. etc. but I have not really taken the time to just sit and read to them for a while or to play with them or to really talk to them and hear their thoughts......I HATE THAT!
I love them so much.......I look at them all and just feel like the richest woman in the world.Do you ever look at your children and your heart just literally flutters and you just feel like laughing out loud and dancing around the room because of the unbelievable PRECIOUSNESS??????
My 13 yo son is becoming such a man.It thrills my soul to think of the future with him.His dream is to just get a job with his Dad and stay back here on the farm with us for life drinking coffee and talking lol.He has plans to buy me alot of equipment for my garden/yard.A tractor and attachments.....He loves this farm though and at this point,just just dreams of growing up and working with his Dad.He doesn't want a wife........:):):):):)
My 11yo dd is such a beautiful young lady.She amazes me with her thoughtfulness and love.She is SO considerate of others.She is such an excellent help to me too.She LOVES her little boys :):).She is such a little Mamma to them and they love her.Even though her and her big brother can really pick on each other and provoke each other,she loves him dearly.She hates for him or anyone else to get in trouble.She wants to please us and the Lord and *sigh*,she DOES want a husband :):).
My 8yo dd is a little precious sweetheart.Wants to do everything the "big" children too.She is kind of right in the middle of "big children" and "little children" and goes back and forth between groups as she wants to lol.When it comes to staying up late she is a big child of course :).She is a huge help to me.She is just learning to do SO much!She LOVES to share her things.Always has.Both girls are absolutley in love with their Daddy :).He has two little princesses who love to get his coffee when he gets home.
My 6yo ds is such a sweet and gentle boy yet he can get hyper too,especially when his big brother has a hand in it :). He (6yo) loves his little brothers(AND BIG BROTHER).They are all such good friends.He and my 4yo are like twins.I can't imagine them being apart.He treats his BABY brothers (2yo and newborn) with SUCH care.He smiles and laughs at them like they are so little and he is so big.He is a Mamma's boy through and through.He also loves to go with his Daddy.He is so cute.He has a bashfulness about him that we all love.
My 4yo amazes us.How can they ALL be so different and special in their own ways.He is HILARIOUS.He really,really melts his Daddy and his Mamma :). He LOVES to go with his Dad every chance he can.Sometimes he has a hard time deciding though because he loves to stay with Mamma too :).He and his brothers are best friends.(Parents who chooses to only have 1-2 children are missing out on so much.They have no idea.) He delights ALL of his siblings with his cuteness and sweetness.
My 2yo lol.............LOL!!!!!!!! I LOVE 2yo's!!!!! See as I am typing this all out,every time I get to the next child I am overwhelmed with amazement that they are so cute,smart,sweet and just PRECIOUS! Every single one them amazes us.Our 2yo is a genious lol.We crack up laughing over him every.single.hour I think.Look how much laughter children bring! lol Anyhow,Isaac is still such a baby but is growing fast:).He loves his "tighty" (Titus) soooooooo much.Never one SECOND of jealousy.It is soooooo sweet.He loves to sleep with one hand on me and one on Titus' cheek.I know they will be great friends.
Titus......*sigh*.......I am so blessed to have been given another baby to go through all of these precious stages above! Right now he is just a precious ball of joy.He is smiling and cooing.......We all stare at him in amazement atleast several times a day lol.He could not be more loved!!!!!!! He has 9 people absolutely gushing over him every day.He is so soft and sweet.I am so blessed to have him.
It is such a blessing to be a woman.They Lord has given us so many JOYS as wives and mothers!!!!
My sister is visiting with me right now too and even though she is not my child I do have to comment about her because she is so amazing! I have no idea how I am going to do it without her when she goes home! :) She is happy,helpful and responsible.I literally have to almost never correct her.She loves the Lord and has a heart to please him.She loves her Mamma and Daddy and misses them very much but loves being her with all of her nieces and nephews! Mom and dad need to just move closer than 600 miles away!
I am strving to take time to connect with each one of my children EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I know these days of having them here with me will fly by and I don't want to have regrets.I am so blessed.
LOVE YOUR CHILDREN today!!!!
I finally found my way back to your blog! I kept trying to type in "joyfullymothering" and it never popped up... no wonder- wrong addy. Then it dawned on me to get to your blog via a comment you made on mine! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I love what you've done with your blog. I love the photos of the children, too! I was just thinking of this very thing this morning as I was preparing our daughters "brownie" cake for her birthday. (She decided she'd rather have brownies than cake!) Anyway, I was thinking of just how blessed my husband and I truly are. How much I LOVE my children. Not much can bring me to tears- but often just the thought of how truly gracious the Lord has been in giving me these sweet ones to love on, and to train for Him... THAT can bring me to tears! (Joyful, thankful ones, of course!)
Your children are precious, as well. We love them dearly. I wanted to say this about Abigail while we were there, but felt silly--- but I'll say it now...
It was just an absolute delight to meet her. And to see- the delicate balance at work between childhood and womanhood with her. She is a wonderful young lady, and I hope and pray that my daughters are so delightful at that age! She's an amazing and special young lady, that's for sure!
Well, now that I've written a book... off to "catch up" on your blog. :)
You should print this out for each of your kids and stash it somewhere, Angie. They will love reading it when they are older!! Just beautiful!
ReplyDelete