Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Influencing Our Husbands?

Week 1-Greet him with JOY when he comes home and then keep your words sweet for *at least* 15 minutes.


Week 2-Start your day strong! Take time to get your priorities straight.Pray for strength and read your Bible.

Week 3-Never scold your husband.

Then THIS week is........

Week 4-Be determined to be what the Lord desires you to do be regardless of what your husband does or how he acts


My dear friend Tina,from A gentle Mother,shared this with me and I thought it fit PERFECT with our topic this week.Here it is........

"How can she (a wife) make sure that her influence over her husband will be for good, that he will be a better man, more successful in his career and more happy because she is his wife? Not by any mere moral posturing so as to seem to have lofty purpose and wise thoughts of life; not by having any weak resolving to help him and be an uplifting inspiration to him; not by perpetual preaching and lecturing on a husband's duties and on manly character; she can only do it by being in the very depths of her soul, in every thought and impulse of her heart and in every fibre of her nature, a true and noble woman. She will make him not like what she tells him he ought to be, but like what she herself is."


~J.R. Miller Home-Making (aka The Family Life) 1882
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Such wonderful stuff.........We need to be sure that we are doing what we are doing for the Lord.It needs to be what we ARE because of HIM.If you are trying to be a good wife so that your husband will change,you have the wrong attitude.You need to strive to be godly because it is what you ARE.
 
If we are only acting in certain ways for a time so that we can influence,it won't work.I have had people try the things I talk about here and after a few weeks they say "It's not WORKING!"
 
That is the wrong attitude.
 
Strive to serve the Lord.
Strive to do his will.
Study his word.
Pray to him for wisdom and strength.
Seek to please HIM everyday.
Change for HIM.
 
HE will do the work..............He has a plan and you have no idea what it is.
 
Become the kind of wife that the Lord  wants you to be, expecting NOTHING from your husband.
 
This is the attitude you must have.
 
We can be a huge influence on our husbands but it has to be what we ARE.
 
Not what we are for a few weeks because we are trying to change him........

4 comments:

  1. Ooh wow angie thats me! I realy needed that my attitude was what was hindering me. I needed to known the lord will do the work he has a plan for us. Cookgirls4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Thessalonians 2:12-13

    "That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory. For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

    Walking worthy of God... not worthy to change our husbands. If we follow His Word, it will Work in we who believe... and that our husbands may be "won" (not to OUR ways, but to the LORD's ways) through...

    I Peter 3:1
    "Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, *they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives..."*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that this was my attitude to. I had hoped when I started this challenge that it would change a few things with him but now I realize that I am happier to do it simply because it is right, so I think I am making progress lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is *fantastic* Haley!!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete