Or God's way?
The world says that marriage should be 50/50. That *sounds* good, but it isn't.Just look around at the world's marriages.Most marriages are bad.It's true.How many people do you know of with a blissfully happy marriage?
Marriage should be 100/100.Each of you should be putting 100% into your marriage, always.
If he only puts 10%,you *still* put 100%.
It may sound crazy, but it isn't.
It is a perfect and wonderful plan.
Week 1-Greet him with JOY when he comes home and then keep your words sweet for *at least* 15 minutes.
Week 2-Start your day strong! Take time to get your priorities straight.Pray for strength and read your Bible.
Week 3-Never scold your husband.
Week 4-.Be determined to be what the Lord desires you to do be regardless of what your husband does or how he acts.
How has everyone been doing? Have your husbands noticed and differences?How are *you* feeling?What have you learned?
I have been doing great on 1&3......They aren't issues for me.
2- I have been having a harder time remembering! The morning just slips away from me sometimes! I have only missed a couple of days though! Sometimes I start later than I would like.I WILL keep working at it!
4- I have been doing great but this is something that I *always* have to work on.
On a fun note,what is everyone doing for Valentines day? :)
Guess what we are doing? lol We are planning to *get together* (if you know what I mean *wink*) :) every.single.day this month! lol It will be fun! I dare you to try it with your husband! :)
I am off for now.......Scott will be home soon and I want to be in decent clothes! :):):)
Yes, yes, yes!! So true on the 100%!
ReplyDeleteAs far as how I've been doing, I've been doing pretty well on #1, but I feel like I should put more effort in than just kissing him when he comes in the door, which is what I've been doing. I need to up my game and be THRILLED to see him.
#2 I finally was able to wake up early today and start off on the right foot. For the first time in a LONG time the baby slept really well and let me get some sleep (he's been teething, then had a cold and I think an ear infection!)
#3 Doing really well on this one.
#4 This one is a DAILY thing for me, something I have to re-train my brain in, but I am working on it.
We don't have any Valentine's Day plans, I'll have to be thinking about it. :)
I'm doing pretty good. Not perfect, but I am doing well. Of course, I'd love to meet each part of the challenge daily... but if I don't- I'm not getting discouraged. The point is to make lasting positive changes. And, that's been happening. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree 100% with this post. It's not about 50/50... it isn't about meeting in the middle... it's about meeting on the other side. :) I always wondered... if you think you "meet in the middle"... who determines where "middle" is. (Because of human nature... the "middle" will always be closer to YOUR side than to your husbands... if you know what I mean.)
I will have to decline your challenge. LOL! We have the belief in abstaining during a certain time each month... and since that is now a reality for me again... LOL! We have done that before though, and it was a blessing. Guess we could try for 100% of the days we DO feel are appropriate for us. :)
We don't "do" Valentine's Day. So, no special plans here. I know we are such "duds" aren't we? :)
Great post :) I agree 100%. I told my hubby about your, ... 'challenge'. He says you're a very wise woman!! LOL
ReplyDeleteAngie! You are so right!!!
ReplyDeleteHey there! I just happened to page down and you have a cute little 2 year old's picture there... when did you put the new photo up? I just about fell out of my chair with how gorgeous he is! He looks SO grown up in that photo. Anyway... I just thought I'd say something. Adorable!
ReplyDeleteIt's Tuesday Feb, 7th. I just was checking to see if this weeks challenge was up yet. :) I'll check back tomorrow! *wink*
ReplyDelete