Monday, January 30, 2012

The biggest marriage stumbling block.......

First of all,I am sorry that I have not written ANYTHING in the last 2 days! I missed Friday,planned on catching up on Saturday and then I was in town until 3:00!!!!! After that it was date night and the time just slipped away...........Sunday is just a "How did you do this week?" day and since only a couple people actually tell me how they are doing...........:):):):) I didn't think it was that important to do Sunday.:)

I *DO* have 8 weeks of things planned though! I literally have *something* planned every day for the next 5 weeks so I am not quitting! :) Even though no one is *saying* anything I see plenty of traffic here so I am assuming that people are still reading and just to busy to post which is FINE! :):)

So let us proceed with week 4! :):):)

I want to say here that everything I am writing comes from *my* experiences.These are the things I have learned and have come to believe throughout the 15 years that I have been a wife.I want to share them with others.I don't claim to be perfect and I do expect you to be considering your OWN husband and his desires as you go along here.All marriages are different.

Now that that is said.......... :)

Week four is about what I believe is the biggest marriage stumbling block.It is actually the biggest relationship stumbling block PERIOD.

"I will do what I am supposed to do if you do what you are supposed to do."

Yep..........We ALL know about that one.

The habit for week 4 is something that you will have to work on every day for the rest of your life.( me too)

Here it is.........

Be determined to be what the Lord desires you to do be regardless of what your husband does or how he acts.

It's that simple.

You say "Well what about him????? What about the things HE is supposed to do?"

What about them? Can you force him to do those things? No more than he can force YOU to do the things YOU should do for him.

You say "Why is it all the woman? Why does the woman have to do all the changing?"

It is NOT all the woman.Both woman AND man will face the Lord someday.He does not require any more from a woman than he does a man.

He commands women to serve HIM with all of their heart and soul.
He commands men to serve HIM with all of their heart and soul.

Will you face the Lord someday and tell him "Lord,I was not obedient to you because my husband was not being obedient to you."

No.

Well,you might try it but it won't get you anywhere.

Be determined to be what the Lord desires you to do be regardless of what your husband does or how he acts.

If you are a christian,your job is to serve the Lord and if you are a wife,part of that job is to serve your husband.

1 Corinthians 11:3

But I would have you know,that the head of every man is Christ;and the head of the woman is the man;and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 3:9

Neither was the man created for the woman;but the woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:22-24

Wives,submit yourselves unto your own husbands,as unto the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife,even as Christ is the head of the church:and he is the saviour of the body.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ,so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Read 1st Peter chapter 3.

THIS is your job.It is not your job to make sure that your husband is doing his job.Your job is to follow the Lord's commandments.

This is what week 4 is about.........

Be determined to be what the Lord desires you to do be regardless of what your husband does or how he acts.

When a situation happens that makes it hard for you to respect your husband like you should........Look past him and see Christ.

Do it for Christ.


Do it because you want to be a godly woman.

Share your thoughts here about 1 Peter chapter 3!!!!!!

















5 comments:

  1. First of all, a correction... you said NO ONE is reporting how they are doing... ahem... excuse me for a moment... *raises hand*... *I* have been replying to your posts. I'm sorry you don't have a huge army reporting... but you've got little ol' me. *wink* Now... about (IP3)...

    It's about a gentle, quiet spirit... which is found ONLY in the Lord. I know some women are naturally more "gentle and meek"... but this is NOT talking about that. You can be "gentle and meek" on the outside, but be seething venom on the inside. It's about your spirit... and that all comes by your relationship to the LORD. I really appreciate vs. 8.

    One thing to think of... it isn't about YOU. When your husband had a bad day, you don't have to take it personally. Even if he treats you wrong... it's between Him and the Lord. NOT between him and you. You don't have to react or be resentful. Just make sure you are doing YOUR part to remain with a clear conscience before the Lord (vs. 16)

    Proverbs 15:1

    (These have been *my* thoughts this past weekend, so it kind of goes well with this weeks challenge. I LOVE how the Lord seems to work things out that way so often.)

    Okay, off the soap box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, when I figured this out... more than 10 years into our marriage, it turned things right around. Neither of us was really happy with how things were(we were in a rut). I realized that one of us had to step out, so it might as well be me. It was the best decision I had made in a long time! Once I was going out of my way to meet his needs, he was so much happier, and willing to meet mine! Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such GOOD stuff, Angie! Both in your post and the suggested (or demanded) reading. ;^) It is so easy to wait for the other person to do right before putting yourself "out there" by being the first one to take that step. A lot of it is pride, but some is also fear. However, when we are in obedience to God, we should be free of fear. This is a difficult area for me, I have a lot of fear, but God continues to place it in front of my eyes as though He is asking "this (the fear) or me, because you can't have both"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandy......Excellent thoughts and I totally agree with all of them.I KNOW you are reporting! :) I was just teasing anyhow.......:):)

    SarahP isn't it amazing how wonderful it actually works? Who could ever beat the Lord's design for marriage you know?

    Elizabeth.......I know how hard you are trying!! I KNOW that the Lord is doing wonderful things in you.Your children are so blessed to have you as a Mamma and Nathan is blessed to have you as a wife.I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something I have also been trying to do already so great timing! Lol I know that getting mad over things like that only makevit worse so I have been trying to do my job with a happy heart.

    ReplyDelete