I know,I know...............I never posted ANY recipes! I even took pictures and EVERYTHING.That is SO embarrassing! Life just got so busy and blogging was put on the back burner.....AGAIN.
AND.......I know......I am always talking about marriage stuff.I just have such a desire to help other couples have the same happiness in their marriages that my husband and I have in ours.It also helps that there are SO many struggling!I am sure that most of us have loved ones and friends that are in unhappy marriages and it really HURTS when you KNOW that it does not have to be that way!
SO......I am going to commit to blogging about this for the next 8 weeks.8 weeks to learn 8 new habits.They won't be huge things either but very doable things.Every Monday I will post a new habit to work on and then I will try to post a couple of times each week with more discussion about what we are working on.
I have no idea how many people are even still READING my blog as I do such a bad job of updating regularly but that's ok.The information will be here for anyone in the future.
I am going to post NOW for Monday.......
Habit #1 has is simply to greet your husband with delight when he comes home from work and then dedicate the first 15 minutes to speaking NOTHING negative.No complaints,whining,moping or bad attitudes.
Make sure that the second he lays eyes on you he sees pure JOY.Make sure he KNOWS that you are THRILLED to see him.Smiles,hugs,kisses,body language,TONE of voice.
If you see or hear him coming,meeting him at the door is great but *atleast* make sure that he sees you light up with happiness whenever you DO see him and he sees you and again,be determined that you will speak nothing but good,happy,encouraging things for the first 15 minutes.
SIMPLE :):) Such a simple thing but can make a huge difference!
I'm still reading! :) LOVE THIS, Angie. So small to do but what a HUGE impact this makes on our men!! Looking forward to doing this tonight!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see you Sue and I agree,it makes such an impact!
ReplyDeleteYes, I'me still here! :)
ReplyDeleteI also make sure I greet my hubby with a smile and more when he comes in. It is a great habit to have and makes him feel so loved and wanted. :)
Sorry for the spelling errors...
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm still here... LOL
Still here also. :) Angie, I thank God for you and your husband...I felt so alone until I *met* someone else who is insanely interested in helping others have a godly marriage!!!
ReplyDeleteJust read your "call" to come join the marriage challange. Thanks for starting with an easy for me habbit. :) I am truly thrilled when Steve gets home. I know other habbits may challange me, we need the boost though. Thanks Angie!
ReplyDeleteI love this Angie! Great idea. :) I just posted on my blog last night about a recent change in the dynamics at our house. After 17 years of me doing the bills, my husband is doing them now. I can already see amazing things happening in the undercurrent. Subtle things that will make a huge impact in our marriage!
ReplyDeleteI will try to remember to comment each week with progress.
Im still here too!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband tells me that when he is working all day, putting up with peoples bad attitudes and complaining ALL DAY long..the one thing he looks foward to the most is me metting him at the door with a smile..and maybe a few other things (wink wink) He does make a difference! I cant wait for this Angie!!!!!
StacyM
I'm in :) Greet him at the door with a smile and kiss. I can do that :) Another big thing that would be nice for him, is quiet when he gets home. The kids always want to be right in the living room..making noise. I need to send them to different areas of the house to play for the first half hour after he's home, unless they're sitting quietly.
ReplyDeleteHi Angie! I'm going to sub so I can see all your updates and comment. We are in an upswing in our marriage but after all we have been through, I have to be ever-vigilant so these challenges will be great for me!
ReplyDeleteThanks and many blessings,
Marci
Oh this is GREAT!! I am so glad to have all of you and I can't wait to hear all of the wisdom you have to share with us!
ReplyDeleteI am with all of you that say you already do this BUT sometimes I can be caught slacking!! It is easy to be busy and not stop to greet him properly! :):) So I will be making sure I am doing what I should be doing right alongside all of you!
My heart still actually skips a beat when I hear someone say "Here comes Daddy!!!!!" lol I just love that man.
I'm here!!! And I'm LOVING the idea of these challenges! I'm so excited!!!
ReplyDelete:) I'm here. Sweet idea. (And with so many... it'll be a good way to stay motivated to update!)
ReplyDeleteI'm here!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm here! I may even actually put something on my blog about this....after not blogging for about a year. lol
ReplyDeleteElizabeth I forgot you had a blog!!!!! PLEASE do start posting!!!! Give me your address again....I remember reading a LONG time ago but I don't remember the address.I will add it to my blog list.......
ReplyDeleteOkay, I just posted a new blog post, yay me!! lol http://ourherdofhorsmans.blogspot.com/2012/01/okay-im-terrible-blogger.html
ReplyDeleteI really love this! I just found out about your blog and will be following it!
ReplyDeleteHI Haley!!!! I am so happy to see you here! You *are* Haley as in Jakes Haley right??? :):):)
ReplyDeleteYep that's me lol
ReplyDeleteSO to everyone else....Haley is the wife of my wonderful cousin Jake who lived with us for several years.I am pretty sure that some of you know about him :):).
ReplyDeleteAnyhow,welcome Haley!
Im still here too, just busy as ever! You have such great ideas. This should be great <3
ReplyDeleteMaudie
This is my first time reading your blog. I love it. My husband love it when in greet him with a kiss. I have actually seen over the years he gets grumpy/sad when I don't.
ReplyDeleteTracy
This is the first time reading your blog! I love it. My husband loves it when I greet him with a joyful kiss. I have even noticed over the years he gets grumpy/sad when I don't.
ReplyDeleteThis is Fab Angie,I am in.
ReplyDeleteI will tell my blog readers and send them over :)
I just posted a link to your marriage challenge on my blog.
ReplyDeleteTonight was so nice. I don't know if it was my smile or a fluke. But it sure can't hurt anything to be happy. LOL
Hi Angie,
ReplyDeleteI'm here and going to join in on this challenge. I really need this. This first one is going to be very hard for me as I am not a really fuzzy person, but my husband will love it because he is. :-) Thanks-this is just the inspiration I need.
Heather K
Heather...........I know several Heathers lol which one are you? :):):)
ReplyDeleteJust read your post on MOMYs, I'll be reading and trying for at least the next eight weeks, what a great idea, thankyou :)
ReplyDeleteI am always glad when my DH gets home, but I don't always show that :)
If I am not too late, I would love to join.
ReplyDelete-Robinsnest
Heatherk from momys. :-)
ReplyDeleteCount me in! (Thanks for doing this, Angie!)
ReplyDeleteYay! Last day to be a miserable, grumpy, nasty wretch of a wife!
ReplyDelete*wink*
LOL!
Just Kidding! I've already been trying out the smile and greet for the past few days! It seems to really set the mood- and it's been a nice "discovery".... (er... reminder, actually!)
My dearest complains that he gets overwhelmed when he comes in the door (What, you mean it is overwhelming to be tackled by 3 little boys the moment your toe touches the doorway? lol) SO I smile, but stay out of the way so as not to overwhelm him further:-)
ReplyDeleteI'm in for this challenge Angie! Thanks for doing it! (sanurasmom from MOMYS)
ReplyDeleteAnon......Sounds like you are doing great at looking at YOUR husband and doing what he likes.Maybe he would like the little boys to take the back seat though and get greeted by Mamma instead ? :) Just a thought and you may have already thought of that.Ignore me if so lol.
ReplyDeleteI would like to join too! This was never hard for me before, but over the years....... Glad its never too late :)
ReplyDelete-wifemama from MOMYS