What if you knew that every day your husband would leave your home and step out into a world where beautiful,inviting women were everywhere trying to seduce your him?Happy,smiling women who would dote on him and cater to his every desire?
That *IS* what alot of men face every day to some degree.
But what if it were not wrong for him to be with another woman or to divorce you?
What if the only thing keeping your husband with you was his love for you? What if it was perfectly OK and acceptable for him to kick you out and bring another woman in?
How much more effort would you put into your marriage? How much more would you smile and how much less would you complain? How often would you turn his advances and how often would you initiate sex? How much more willing would you be to get creative with him in the bedroom?How much effort would you take to keep yourself looking attractive? How good would you do at keeping your weight under control?How happy would you be to see him when he got home?How much would you criticize him? How much more attention would you pay to the things you know he loves/hates? How much better would you do at keeping your home the way he likes?
I thank God for his wonderful plan in marriage.I thank God for a godly man who won't just leave me if I fail BUT.......
Do you depend upon your husband's christianity, or his vows to you, to keep him faithful to you?
You shouldn't.
Good,GODLY men fall everyday.The apple of God's eye (David) fell.He not only took someone elses wife, but he then had him KILLED.
I don't want my husband to turn away from temptation because he HAS to, but because he loves me so much that he *want's to*.
I want to respect him so much,satisfy his needs,his eyes,his mind,his EVERYTHING so that every other woman pales in comparison to me.I want to HELP him overcome temptation.I want to be the woman he can't wait to get home to,not the one he HAS to come home to.
Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said,It is not good that the man should be alone;I will make him an help meet for him.
Don't assume that because your husband is a goldy man that he can't do wrong or that he won't ever leave you or be unfaithful to you no matter how you treat him.Sadly,many women have found out differently.
Assume that you are in competition with women who would lead your husband astray.
You ARE!
I don't mean to imply that every time a husband cheats on his wife that it is the WIFE'S fault.Not at all.There are some men and women out there who would cheat no matter how perfect their spouse was.
What I *am* saying is to *not* depend on your husbands christianity to keep him from doing wrong.Be the HELPER the Lord designed you to be.
When he comes home to you at night make SURE to make him REALLY feel that "there is no place like home"!
Make sure he has NO DOUBT how delighted and thankful you are to see him/have him!
Pay attention to your facial expression and tone! Look in the mirror and practice if you have to! STOP what you are doing when you see him and surprise him with a huge hug and a suggestive kiss.It only takes a minute!
Remember......Nothing negative for atleast 15 minutes after he comes home! :):)
Let me know how you are doing! Last night I not only greeted him properly :):) but I raced to the top of our drive way (no small task) to meet him! He loved it :).
Reading this made me emotional!!! I have never thought about it quite like that!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful for you Angie. Yesterday didn't go so well for me. There was a HUGE disappointment right of the bat and I didn't handle it like I should have. I remembered your challenge though and made an effort to turn things around as quickly as possible. Thanks for the added encouragement!
Might take me longer than 8 weeks to complete the challenge as I am rarely on the computer anymore....but will try to remember to check in for new challenges.
ReplyDelete(((((HUGS))))) Grace.I know how THAT feels.(To respond to disappointments in ways that you regret.)
ReplyDeleteI also don't mean to imply that we should all live as if we are scared our husbands will be unfaithful.I trust my husband completely.He loves me so much.As much as I love him.I never ASSUME that he is bullet proof though.I make sure that he is one happy man! (Don't get me wrong though....I have plenty of areas to work on!!!!)
I am really trying at this. I surprised him today when he came in with a hug and kiss. I could tell that it was a good surprise to him so will definitely do it more often.
ReplyDeleteGreat job HALEY!!!!!! I am so proud of you! Jake is blessed to have you as a wife!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember when I used to meet Joe at the top of our looooooooong driveway every evening (or morning...depending on his shift)...he loved it!
ReplyDeleteI've been doing well here...one slip-up though. I asked a question that, while not negative really, was probably not the best timing when he came in for lunch today. Didn't exactly set a relaxing atmosphere. :/ Preparing myself NOW for this evening when he gets in!
You said: "I want to be the woman he can't wait to get home to,not the one he HAS to come home to."
ReplyDeleteI say: "AMEN!"