Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ask him......

A little,mini challenge for you........and you don't need to share the answers here.(Unless you want to)

Ask your husband if you ever "scold" him.If so.........

Ask him if he likes it.

Ask him if it helps/motivates him to do better.

Ask him if there is anything that you do that makes him feel like a child "in trouble".

Ask him if he avoids doing certain things for fear of getting in trouble with you.

Thats it! :) Pay close attention to his answers and do not get mad at what he says.

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind answering. :) Jared happened to be sitting right here when I opened your blog... so I asked him. At first, he said he didn't want to answer because he thought I would get mad.

    For those who do not know, for 5 months I've been doing my best to NOT do those things. (As far as scolding... by Angie's definition.) And I've been doing really well. My husband said I used to do that stuff a lot, but I've been doing 1000x better about not doing it recently.

    Here were his answers:

    I used to scold him, but like I said... he said it's much better now.

    He didn't like it when I did, but it WOULD sometimes make him strive to do better. But sometimes it didn't. He said I never made him feel like "a child in trouble"... but he knew I was mad at him. He also said that he used to avoid doing certain things because he thought he wouldn't do it "good enough" for me anyway.

    I have to say... I did NOT get mad at what he said. (Even though he thought I would.)

    I was more disappointed/hurt because of the hurt I used to cause. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked him and he chuckled and said "no, I don't think so". Really I just think he's very forgetful because I know there are times I have "scolded" him. Or maybe I've just done it in my head so severely that I thought it came out of my mouth. Either way, I appreciate the reminder to STOP IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I needed to read. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete