Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday........Thankful list!

First,I am sorry I didn't post yesterday.I was so busy and then I forgot.I will post SATURDAY what I was going to post yesterday.

How is everyone doing?

Week 1-Greet him with JOY when he comes home and then keep your words sweet for *at least* 15 minutes.


Week 2-Start your day strong! Take time to get your priorities straight.Pray for strength and read your Bible.

Week 3-Never scold your husband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am doing great.The hardest thing is for me to read my Bible and pray in the mornings.As I have said before,this is something I have wanted to make a habit of for YEARS and I have never stuck with it.I really want to change that.I want it to be so that I crave/need that time with the Lord like I do the other things in my life that I love.I want it to be HABIT.

Today I opened my Bible as soon as Scott walked out the door and I had my time praying too.I am very happy about that!!!

My thankful list for this week.

1.I love that he loves people as much as I do.We both love having company/socializing.*Especially* with other christians.

2.I love that he is not bossy.I love that he doesn't tell me what to do 99% of the time.He is very easy to please in this area.He doesn't tell me how to cook,clean,decorate,garden etc.(He DOES tell me how to drive! roflol)

3.I love that he loves little ones so much.He is constantly pointing out darling things that the children do and talking about how cute they are.

4.I love that the other day he told me that he wouldn't give up these years with the children for any amount of money in the world.

5.I love that he is firm in his spiritual beliefs and firm about passing them down to his children.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know about you ladies but when I read your lists I think we all have pretty amazing husbands!

Don't you just LOVE godly men? ALL godly/masculine men and fathers? What would we do without them?

3 comments:

  1. I am doing really well here. Well, not PERFECT... but much better than I used to be. I failed yesterday... but it was quickly resolved. One of my sons had *just* finished scrubbing the floor by hand because he wanted to surprise Daddy, when no sooner did Daddy come in and tramp mud ALL over it. I saw my son's crestfallen reaction. I wasn't RUDE or anything, but I did say, "Honey, ____ just scrubbed that floor by hand to surprise you and no sooner did he put the towel in the dirty, when you trampled mud all over it." Jared was going to clean it up anyway and what I did was make him feel even WORSE. Right away I wish I had just hugged my son and explained that Daddy didn't mean to. Then I could have privately let him know his son was trying to please him. I know... seems trivial... and I wasn't mean or cruel about it... just matter of fact... but I could have handled it differently so the outcome was better for ALL involved.

    Even when I try... some old habits are still hard to COMPLETELY overcome. But... the good thing is... there *is* improvement, and my husband KNOWS I'm trying.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    My THANKFUL LIST...

    continued...

    11. I love the fact that my husband stands up for me to his family. I don't like to be splitting people. But at least it feels good to know that he thinks enough of me to "have my back".

    12. I love how my husband is always very attentive to my family's physcial needs. He almost ALWAYS calls me before leaving work just to make sure we have everything. He has NO QUALMS about going grocery shopping. In fact, he knows the store better than *I* do! (For those who know me, know I HATE to shop!)

    13. I love how Jared always says I'm a better cook than anyone else he knows... even my mother... who is a phenomenal cook. He loves how I flavor things, and always encourages me to shake things up. (We both get bored with routine meals.) We love trying NEW recipes together!

    14. I love how Jared has been growing in the Lord. There was a time he never would have thought to make his faith a part of the family's faith. He's a very private person, so never even thought to pray WITH the family, or to talk to the family about Spiritual things. Now, it's "natural" for him to "share" his faith with his family.

    15. I love that my husband is not embarrassed to admit that he's got a passel full of blessings and is actually excited to share with others. When people at work tell him he's crazy, he always says, "I sure am. About them!" And then he uses the opportunity to share with others how blessed he truly is. More often than not, he walks away and people understand what they might just be missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these posts are so inspirational in todays world! and are witness to the beauty of a marriage!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angie??? I'm checking in for *THIS* weeks challenge! Even if I am the last "original" groupie... I still expect you to finish the challenge! It's ONLY been three weeks! You promised me 8!

    ReplyDelete