Thursday, February 16, 2012

Forgiveness

Hi ladies! How is everyone? I am doing just great here.......I just wanted to throw a couple thoughts out there for you to think about......

We all know that the negative things that our husbands do over and over and over again are the things that really get  to us.They tend to BUILD up and every time the offense occurs again,all of the past offenses come rushing back in too and it can REALLY get you mad if you are not careful.

How do we want the Lord to deal with *our* repeated sins though? We ALL have areas that we struggle with consistently.We need to make sure that we are giving our husbands the same mercy and forgiveness that we wish the Lord to give us.

The second thing.......Are you able to forgive your husband without an apology from him? It's a really good thing to practice.Sometimes he may not realize he is wrong.You can tell him how he makes you feel when he does this or says that but sometimes he won't SEE it or understand.It might take him YEARS to understand you in some areas and then again,you might find out down the road that YOU were the one in the wrong! That's happened to me *many* times.

Or he might KNOW that he's wrong but just be too hard headed to apologize.:) Can you still forgive him?

I can't help but look to the Lord again and be SO thankful for all of the times he has forgiven me and had mercy on me.Even when I was living in sin for years and didn't realize it.Or the times that I know I am wrong but am too lazy,careless or frustrated to truly repent to the Lord.

Lets be SURE to give the same forgiveness to our men (and others) that WE ourselves receive from the Lord!!

Matthew 18 is an amazing chapter on forgiveness.........It can really straighten up your wrong attitudes (something I need daily).

2 comments:

  1. Oh Angie!! You are so inspiring! I cna just hear the enthusiasm and excitement gushing from your writing!
    Thanks for being an encouragment to so many others to "shoot for the stars" in our marriages!
    ~~Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Esther!!!!

    ReplyDelete