Monday, February 13, 2012

No Chips......

Hello ladies!! How are you doing????

I am absolutely wonderful! I had a great weekend with my husband and children and am excited to jump back into a new week.We went from having NO milk (having to buy it elsewhere) for the last several months to having TWO cows freshen on the SAME day!! TWO calves born yesterday! lol One heifer and one bull!!!  I am soooooo excited!! Butter/yogurt/cheese here we come!!!!!

So......Lets review what we have been working on.

Week 1-Greet him with JOY when he comes home and then keep your words sweet for *at least* 15 minutes.



Week 2-Start your day strong! Take time to get your priorities straight.Pray for strength and read your Bible.


Week 3-Never scold your husband.


Week 4-Be determined to be what the Lord desires you to do be regardless of what your husband does or how he acts.

Week 5-Keep the fire fueled.

My update on how *I* have been doing!

I have been doing great at greeting my husband and keeping my words sweet! This last week I had a really FUN opportunity that fit into to the greeting him with JOY category,keeping my words sweet AND keeping the fire fueled! He called me to tell me that he was coming home but that he had to stop at the neighbors house to discuss feed prices etc.(farmer stuff and I KNEW that they would talk a while because our neighbor is a TALKER lol).

Well,I decided to surprise him lol.......I took off walking *hoping* that I could get to his truck (he drives truck) and get IN it and be waiting for him lol.He drives truck and brings his truck home every night so it was parked out in front of the neighbors barn,still running and nice and WARM thankfully because I was COLD! (It is a mile to the neighbors house.)

I got in the truck and waited for him for 1/2 an hour! lol I was SOOOO excited that I made it! lol I as just listening to music and enjoying myself.He had his cell phone in his truck still too so I was able to call the children (my 16yo sister was watching them) and let them know that I made it and that Daddy still didn't know I was there lol (they were all excited that I was going to surprise him).

You should have see his face when he hopped up into his truck!!!!!! lol I also had some underthings um......laying across his steering wheel!! *wink* :):) It was a pretty fun time! :):)

#2 I have been doing better than EVER at reading my Bible and praying every morning.I have NOT done perfect.I am going to keep on being determined to make this a habit though! I have made about HALF of the mornings is my guess but I am not giving up.....

#3 Doing great here.......This isn't a hard area for me.

#4 Doing pretty good here too! The more I practice this,the easier it becomes but I always have to be careful to keep it in my head all the time.

#5 Great in this area! We have kept up with our Valentines Day challenge and have been having a blast! I have also been making a concentrated effort to be with him whenever I can.When he is outside working or just whatever he is doing,He loves to have me with him.......helping  him or just being with him.If he is on the internet looking at tractors,cleaning his shop,mucking the barn out,feeding the cows,walking in the woods looking for rubs or sheds(deer),sitting in his tree stand (YES.....we did that recently! He is already picking out his hunting spot for NEXT year!) *whatever* he is doing.......He loves to have me with him.(I am SORE from helping him clean the barn out this weekend! lol) We used to do EVERYTHING together and over the last several years and babies well,I stopped going with him as much and he doesn't like that.That is going to CHANGE now though.We are having a BLAST together!!!

Soooooo that's my update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS weeks challenge?

"Never carry a chip on your shoulder no matter how much of a right you have to be offended or hurt."

Those wise words are NOT mine but belong to someone else that I respect in the marriage area and they are SO true.I have been working on this for *years*.Ever since I first heard about it.I finally feel that I am making progress although it is still HARD.

You all know how it is.......Attitudes.....He did something that he knows you don't like, or he used a harsh tone with you, or you thought he was wrong in how he dealt with one of the little ones, or he didn't come home when you wanted him to, or he isn't spending enough time with you etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on and we women,well we are really good at giving the cold shoulder.

Holding grudges.

Carrying chips.

Those chips can get really heavy too and can absolutely RUIN the rest of a perfectly good evening......or weekend.......or your entire marriage.

Refuse to carry a chip on your shoulder.............Forgive forgive forgive.......

Matthew 18:21,22 Then came Peter to him,and said,Lord,how oft shall my brother sin against me,and I forgive him?till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him,I say not unto thee,Until seven times:but,Until seventy times seven.

I like to literally picture an offense hitting me and seeing it roll right off.....Not able to stick.Not able to take root.Not able to get in between my husband and I.

Forgive over and over.......

Every day.

Every moment!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Angie, this made me cry. Im so blessed by how much you love your husband. Larry and I were just talking Friday about what a wonderful marriage we think you guys have. I have also been doing great. I'm gonna have to try and find a way to sneak in my hubby's van though!! Great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete