Time for a little practice.........:)
Pick ONE thing that your dh does that you think is unwise,irresponsible,a bad influence,a waste of time etc.etc.
Think long and hard about this........Pick one of those things that bother you daily,or at least almost daily.
Do you have your thing? (Bet it wasn't too hard to think of something was it?) :):)
Now......
Write it down on a piece of paper, and look long and hard at it.
Finally............Crumple it up,throw it in the trash or even BURN it.
Let that thing go.Determine to STOP caring about that thing.
Let that chip fall off of your shoulder forever.
Don't EVER let it ruin another evening.......Not even another MOMENT.
Remember that you have NO idea what the Lord is doing in your husbands life OR yours.
Remember that the job the Lord gave YOU as your husbands help meet is to reverence,support,respect,love,encourage etc. etc.
Not to nag,complain,or criticize.
You will find it wanting to rest on your shoulder again but don't let it.Brush it off every.single.time.
Before you know it...........You will find that it never or atleast rarely,weighs you down anymore,AND I almost guarantee that your husband will notice it.Instead of doing that thing MORE.........
He just might do it less.
(But make sure you aren't DOING it to try to get him to do it less.Make sure you are making these changes because they are RIGHT,expecting nothing in return.)
You are practicing JOY.
This is WONDERFUL, Angie! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteSomething that I noticed last night that could tie into this a bit is that I am SO frustrated with myself right now over the fact that I'm not involved a lot with Nathan's business right now. Now, most of that has to do with the fact that it's too cold for the baby up at the barn to go up there and do the things that I would like to do, but I find that frustration that I have over that rolling into my frustration over the little chips that I have (especially concerning Nathan's job). I wouldn't be nearly as irritated with his job if I felt like I was involved more, but I didn't realize that until last night and it all came out as frustration over his job and the amount of time that he's gone for his work. All that to say, it's great to really take the time to think about those little things that irritate you and then to examine WHY they irritate you, sometimes it may surprise you to find out what the root is!!