It was a total failure! :)
I got all the little ones in their rooms except the baby who was terribly fussy and coming down with a cold/flu.(My big children were getting over it and the 3 little ones hadn't gotten it yet)He didn't even seem anywhere NEAR ready for bed so I just decided to make our supper and we would eat with the baby.We sat in front of the fireplace that was soooo hot I coudn't wait to get away from it and guzzle some water.(Somewhere in here my oldest dd threw up all over her bed because it came on so suddenly that she coudn't make it to the toilet.I had to go help her strip her bed down etc.)We also let our 3yo join us.He got his leftover eggs from supper to come sit on the couch with us and eat with us lol.We would have glady shared but he wanted his leftovers lol.We had pork steak,garlic pasta and steamed brocolli.Anyhow......After supper I decided to get my bath atleast since baby was still not ready for bed.Get out of bath and it takes baby forever nursing/fussing to finally fall asleep.It took a 1/2 hour to be able to leave the room when I layed him down! Every time I moved a finger he would wake up! I was very frustrated poor little fellow.Hopefully he couldn't tell it.Anyhow,I finally get him down and horray! dh is still awake! :)I go in the bathroom, fix my hair and get all dressed up(Black skirt/sleeveless aqua colored shirt with a black sheer shawl and black gloves that went to my elbows.I did like the outfit and so did dh and I will definitely wear it again!)......get the table ready.....get dh on the table.....turn some music on and get about 10 minutes into the massage(which he LOVED!) and guess who is awake? Yep....the baby.....I knew that there would be NO laying down for 5 minutes with him to get him back to sleep.We just said forget it......Started a movie and I nursed the baby while we watched.Well,about 15 min later a little boy wakes up crying/coughing and almost throwing up...I get him settled and we go back to the movie.Next thing you know,*another* little boy wakes up wet and coughing.I undress him and get him tucked into our bed.So,we finishthe movie and decide to go to bed....Dh says he is sleeping on the couch because there were 3 sick little boys in our bed .Well,I head to bed with the baby and when I lay down my hand rests in vomit.Upon turning on the lights I realize that my 3yo had vomited on the bed and was laying in it............I had to get that all cleaned up and then slept for about an hour before I had to walk the floors with my baby who was feverish and would not sleep any other way.Finally I was able to slowly lower myself onto the bean bag in the living room and pass out there with the baby and then a wandering 3yo and actually slept good for the rest of the night! lol
Yes! LOL!
I wasn't laughing last night I will tell you that.:)
Oh well..........my dh thanked me for the thought!
Oh, Angie, I'm sorry it didn't work out like you planned! :o( I hope that all those sweet babies of yours feel better soon and you can try again!
ReplyDeleteAnd ours was a big success, I'm happy to report! Dh was one happy camper! ;o)
Keep the challenges coming! They inspire me so much!
~Sue
First of all, Oh Dear Angie! Sounds like one of those "romantic nights WITH children"!!!! How often have children changed our plans. I am glad you are able to have a good attitude about it, though. That speaks volumes. And I'm glad your hubby was okay with it, as well. Secondly, I'm really sorry about not getting the RL recipe to you. If that ever happens again... CALL! I'm horrible about checking email. (Only so much time in the day, ya know!) Sounds like your family got hit MUCH worse than our family did with the flu bug! Ugh! I feel SO bad for you. I'm the only one who got sick with the flu at our house. A few kids with bad coughs and runny noses, but that's it. I am so sorry everyone is so sick. That certainly IS a romance breaker. (Isn't it amazing how those little blessings that were the product of romance can quickly end up being the very thing that squelches it in later years!!!) I will continue praying for your family... I sure hope everyone gets better quickly. Give them all big hugs from our family! Also hope you can "make up" your romantic night... and bless your hubby again!
ReplyDeleteOh. my. goodness. LOL! I am SO sorry Angie! :) I don't know if I could even blog about that!!! You get like 1,000 points for EFFORT!!! :) You put me to shame!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww...so sorry. I know how that is! I hope all feel better soon and you can recreate the evening but just with dh!
ReplyDeleteHugggggsssss