do it heartily,as to the Lord,and not unto men.
We need to always remember what the #1 reason is for being an excellent wife.
We do it because it is RIGHT.Not because our husbands deserve it (sometimes they don't).We most definitely do not always deserve to be loved "as Christ loved the church....." either do we?
Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do,do it heartily,as to the Lord,and not unto men.
Ephesians 5:22 Wives,submit yourselves unto your own husbands,as unto the Lord.
I personally think my husband is pretty perfect (wink) and being an excellent wife to him is EASY most of the time because he is such a wonderful man AND I know his heart.
BUT.......We all have those times when we don't want to bite our tongue.We don't want to respect him.We don't want to keep quiet.We want to throw a little fit.We don't LIKE the decision he is making.
At those times we need to remember to look past him and unto Christ.
Our men are carnal,we are carnal.
The Lord ALWAYS deserves our obedience,our respect,our honour,our love.
So next time you find it hard to do what you SHOULD do,be it to your husband, your mother-in law,your next door neighbor, your child, or the lady at the grocery store.Try to look past them and see the LORD.
HE is why we do what we do and HE will give us the strength to be able to do it.
Psalm 18:1-2
I WILL love thee,O Lord,my strength.
The Lord is my rock,and my fortress,and my deliverer,my God,my strength,in whom I will trust;my buckler,and the horn of my salvation,and my high tower.
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble.
Our new habits........
Week 1~Greet our husbands with Joy and keep our words sweet for 15 min (at least!).
Week 2~Start our days in prayer and with scripture.Drawing strength from the Lord.
I am just AMAZED at how often lately blog posts I read about are the exact thing I've been thinking upon and writing about. My focus the past couple of days has been the Lord's strength. I have not excuse for not doing what is right. For not following through. Because His strength is PERFECT... and when I use His strength... my actions should be perfect. (Of course, I am a sinner, and I fail... but that is no excuse. We are without excuse!)
ReplyDeleteI have had a few times this week come up where I had to bite my tongue with my husband... but not only take my tongue captive, but my thoughts. And with His strength, it has been a "good" week.
Encouraging post, thank you!