from starting your day right?
I want to add here that I am NOT saying that every christian MUST start their day with reading scripture/prayer.Just that it helps me ALOT and that I think it is a REALLY good idea :). I don't judge anyone who decided that it works best for them in the afternoon or evening etc. Promise :).
Now,child training........
Can you sit your children down (2yo and up at least),tell them to stay and expect that they will happily listen?If not,I encourage you to spend some time training the children.I have seen so many mothers SO stressed because they can't get their children to sit still and be quiet for any amount of time.
They can't read their Bibles or pray because the children might trash the house out.
They can't have any alone time with their husbands at night because the children won't stay in bed.
It does NOT have to be this way!If you can't tell your children "Time for bed!" and fully expect that they will go to bed and stay in their beds,you have a problem.:)Do not accept it as normal child behaviour because it is not.
I am not going to talk about child training methods here.I will say the following.
1.Mean what you say and say what you mean.
2.Make sure that you surround them with love,praise and smiles.
Training your children will make such a difference in your life! Happier Mammas/Daddies and children!
Are you still greeting your husband with joy? Still keeping your words sweet when he comes in after work?
I got my prayer/scripture reading in today but it was divided and I didn't read as much scripture as I wanted! I will get this habit down pat!
Whew! LOL! I do my reading and meditation at night just before bed. It helps me to unwind, and remember to give everything over to the Lord before going to sleep. I then can wake up refreshed and pray for His strength in the morning. (For ME, it works best.)
ReplyDeleteMy children do pretty well with the things you mentioned in your post. Sure, there are hiccups along the way sometimes... but overall- we reap the blessings of this particular training. And I 100% agree with you! Spot on!