Friday, January 20, 2012

Hygiene and Health

This is for Saturday because I will probably be busy! :)

Are you taking care of yourself? I am REALLY realizing that I can't take care of my family well at all if I don't take care of myself.

You NEED to take care of yourself!

Imagine the strength you would have if you got up in the morning and got dressed so that you feel you look NICE.Brush your teeth,fix your hair.........Do whatever you need to do to feel put together.

Have your quiet time.(Prayer/Scripture.)

Then go and have yourself a healthy breakfast and maybe even EXERCISE! ?

Scott leaves for work at 6:30.I am(usually) dressed with my hair fixed,teeth brushed and his lunch packed/coffee made by the time he leaves.I can have the baby nursed and 2 miles walked by 7:30.(The walking dvd that I do allows me to talk to Scott on the phone at the same time so that is great!)

7:30-8:00 I have my quiet time.

8:00-8:30 I eat breakfast

ALL that before we start school at 9:00!

Now,it does NOT always go that way for me! lol But that is what I am aiming for.I always change the baby,wipe him down,get him dressed etc. in that time too.I like to have that done before Scott leaves if he(baby) is awake.

Then of course,we ALL have alot of interruptions! lol BUT,even if I wasn't done with this morning routine until 8:30 or 9:30 that is still alot to get done in that time.

When I DO get it done I feel on top of the world! Such an excellent start, and it makes me much more faithful to my goals all throughout the day.

I love to:

Start laundry before Scott leaves for work.

Be dressed nice and even have on a necklace etc. before I kiss him good-bye.I *always* make sure I have fresh breath and I usually write him a note too.:)

Have a green smoothie for breakfast.It makes me feel like I started the day so healthy and really helps me to want to make healthier choices for the rest of the day.

Go in my room with the doors shut to pray in peace.I read my Bible out on the couch while holding/nursing the baby and keeping one eye and ear on everything going on lol.I also think it is good for the children to see me reading my Bible everyday.

Exercise in the AM! Just 20 minutes makes me feel SO good and cuts back on the rest of the exercise I have to/want to get done throughout the rest of the day.It REALLY gets you going! It also revvs up your metabolism right away.It is so good for you!

Cuddle with the little children while I read my Bible.

When a body has everything that it needs spiritually and physically it is ready to GO.When you start the day out like THAT,watch out! It is so much easier to OVERCOME the battles.

Do you have anything that you love to do in the morning that really helps you start your day well? Share please!













3 comments:

  1. My mornings look different, but they work for me! USUALLY...

    I first wake up with my husband, but stay in bed. He grabs his lunch (prepared the night before), and gives me a kiss on the forehead before he leaves for work... then I go back to sleep. (Dh prefers solitude in the morning- and would rather me stay in bed... I used to argue this and get up anyway because just about EVERY Christian woman I knew said in order to be a good wife... I should- but I found it REALLY displeased MY husband. So, I don't argue it anymore, and just enjoy it and am thankful for a thoughtful husband.)

    I "get up" when the first little one gets up. Most often it's the baby! Then the others usually join us soon after. We all spend time in my bed talking, cuddling, laughing, etc. We then pray together, read Scriptures, and start our day (when the baby goes down.)

    Then we eat breakfast. This *usually* is simple... most often eggs, toast or tortillas, and some kind of fruit.

    (I take my shower and clean the house before going to bed, so there isn't usually much to do in the mornings... but the children clean up and get ready for school. I do my exercises during this time.) We usually do all of this by 10:00 am. School is from 10am-Noon... (If we go that long!)

    In our house, since Daddy prefers to not have others awake in the morning when he is getting ready for work... OUR special time is when he gets home. It's usually a BIG ordeal. The children always "hide" and surprise him... and then it's his and Mama's time together.

    The key is to find what works for YOU and YOUR husband. :) I agree though... getting a healthy breakfast and exercise done in the mornings really helps to start you off right and keep you "on track".

    Oh... and I am of the mindset that a tender kiss on the forehead, cheek or hand is so much sweeter than one on the lips. I *love* my husbands' morning forehead kisses... THOSE are what starts my day off "right"! LOL! (I know... I'm kooky!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Angie :)
    I'm finding a new normal right now w/ being 8 wks and exhausted..and unable to stomach my beloved coffee. I've been sleeping in till 7 or 730am. My hubby wakes at 4am and leaves by 430, so I'm not getting up with him. (although I wish I could..
    It's now 830am though, and I'm going to finally get dressed, get the laundry going, meds to the 5yo and start school by nine. Gabe usually calls from work aruond 830 or 9 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Angie!! I love starting my day like this, I need to make more of an effort to make sure it gets done!

    ReplyDelete