It sure makes us alot more prone to success!
Think of it......
Is it wise to wait until your toddler throws a temper tantrum before you decide what you feel about child training?
What about not cutting any firewood until the first snowstorm hits?
Or waiting until 4:45 to think about what you are going to serve for supper at 5:00?
It just makes SENSE to prepare yourself in the MORNING to deal with the many challenges of the day.
If you are a wife who wants to be an EXCELLENT wife,you have very much to do and remember.If you are home all day surrounded by little children who need a patient,loving mother to teach them and correct them,you have even MORE to remember! lol
I find that if I am not mentally prepared.If my mind is not where it should be,I can get my priorities mixed up in about 1 minute.Some mornings I am correcting before I even get out of bed......Even while my eyes are still closed! Just this last weekend I was enjoying sleeping in a little and I heard my two little boys in the other room arguing and with my eyes closed I said "Ezekiel? Is that how you talk to your brother? Are you considering him first?" lol It just never stops does it? Not until their little eyes are all closed and they are sweetly sleeping for the night.....(Such a wonderful feeling isn't it? To have all of your babies safe and sound in bed?)
Oh but then you still have that wonderful man to be sweet and patient with...........:):)
I would not change my life for anything in the entire world.It has always been my dream to have a husband who loves me that I can wait on hand and foot and plenty of children to teach. :)
BUT that doesn't mean I don't lose sight of my priorities and act in ways I shouldn't when life gets hectic!
If I PREPARE.............If I read the wonderful scriptures that are full of such wisdom and help.If I pray to the Lord for strength.If I take a moment to remember what life is all about,what my job is,what is important,what is NOT important.
If I put on my ARMOUR before heading into my day...............
I do MUCH better! I am a much better wife and mother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
How are you doing? I got my morning quiet time in today but I will admit that this is going to be a challenge for me.It is something I have wanted to make a habit for YEARS now and just never do consistently.I am just tooooo busy.(excuse)
I am still greeting my husband and being sweet with my words when he gets here!
I wanted to share this tiny (but HUGE) bit of wisdom that came to me this morning as I was writing down all of the things I wanted to work on.I looked at my list and thought "How am I going to even remember all that?" Then it hit me that this wonderful scripture covered pretty much everything I wanted to work on........
James 1:19 Wherefore,my beloved brethren,let every man be swift to hear,slow to speak,and slow to wrath.
Wow.........Honestly,so often I am just the OPPOSITE.
Slow to hear,quick to speak and quick to anger.......
Pathetic huh?
Well I am off for now!
I am the opposite more often than I would care to admit. :( What is it about selfishness that is SO hard to turn around?? I can envision the person that I want to be, but when it comes to following through on it, the ugly in my heart rears it's nasty head.
ReplyDeleteI have not gotten up as early as I want to one day yet this week. I did still read the Bible before coming out of my room Monday and Tuesday, but didn't his morning. I WILL get up early tomorrow and read my Bible and pray before starting my day!! :)
It is hard, isn't it? We have a saying in our house- one that paraphrases that verse... in Krahn style... LOL!
ReplyDelete"The Lord gave you 2 years and 1 mouth... to listen MORE and talk LESS. And, a heart in the middle of your chest to love HIM best!" (It's hard to be angry when we keep our focus on Him!)
I'm here... just been offline for a couple of days. :) Still doing well at the greeting and keeping positive.
One story... one of our sons dumped polishing powder from his rock tumbler in the white bathroom sink one afternoon and it permanently stained the sink. (Something he KNOWS he isn't supposed to do, but just didn't "think".) Anyway, as soon as Daddy walked in the door, my son told Daddy what had happened. My first thought was...don't bother Daddy right NOW with that... While I am glad he fessed up to his father without my prompting him to do so, I actually would never before have thought anything of telling Daddy such a thing right as he walked in the door. Habits are beginning to STICK! :)