What do you want to see in HIS face when he lays eyes on you?
We could say "Well,he doesn't greet ME with smiles and hugs so why should I do it for him?"
That is anti-scriptural and should never be part of a christian woman's thought process.Sadly though,it is.It is SO easy to get caught up in that mentality.SO easy.We have ALL done it.You can get sucked into it before you even REALIZE it.I can't even count the times that I have done it.I do *much* better now but I still do it.It is something that I think every christian will have to work on every day of their life.I have never yet met a person who is 100% selfless.Maybe they are out there and I just don't see them because they stay far away from selfish people like me! lol
Anyhow..........:)
I personally love it when Scott shows obvious happiness at seeing me.Sure,we are all different.Our husbands are different.We need to KNOW our men.Know what *they* like.My husband might love for me to tackle him when he comes in the door and yours might prefer a smile from accross the room.(I don't know many men like that but hey......) I am pretty sure that no man wants to come home to a wife who pretends that he didn't even come home,and I am also pretty sure that we *all* enjoy being *wanted*.
So today,make sure you aren't swimming in the "poor me" pool.Remember that your job as a CHRISTIAN is to treat others the way you would like to be treated.ALWAYS.
How are you doing at greeting your husband?How are you remembering to keep your words sweet for 15 minutes?

Today was the first day I was able to greet my husband because he was off work and hadn't really been anywhere. When he got home I rushed up and opened the door for him and gave him a big hug and kiss and he definitely noticed a difference. He said "that was nice!" I forgot about no complaining for 15 minutes and truthfully I don't think I did say anything negative but I wasn't listening for myself to do that either. I'm excited to keep this going for tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteStill hanging on here. Well, I think more than hanging on because this is one habit I've always tried to maintain...but I could use some freshening too! Today I ran out of the house when the men's truck pulled in and met him in the driveway. :D He enjoyed that couple of minutes to be greeted by ME before he came in to see the children waiting for him. :)
ReplyDeleteDoing good here :) I may not always be able to meet him at the door but I will try to make sure that he gets a hug and a kiss before anything else. I am also trying really really hard not to complain or be witch towards him no matter how bad my day has been :).
ReplyDeleteAlmost whined and complained about something last evening and thought, "No, it has not been 15 minutes." Well by the time 15 minutes would have been over, I forgot about it. lol
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying the cheerful energetic greeting. :)