~Psalms 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house,and to be a joyful mother of children.Praise ye the Lord.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Are you good at SHOWING your joy?
I am a people watcher.When I am in town,shopping etc. I just automatically notice people and peg them.I *know* that my impressions could easily be wrong.It isn't that I am judging them but I DO get an impression.
Some people just LOOK happy.Some look absolutely miserable.
Sometimes,even if our heart IS happy,we don't do a good job at showing it.I am practicing SHOWING joy.Smiling more.I already smile AND laugh alot lol but I want to smile even more.I definitely have room for improvement.
I am amazed at the transformation that goes on when someone smiles.
There is nothing that makes a woman more beautiful.
Now I don't mean you need to keep a smile pasted on your face 24 hours a day lol but I have yet to see a truly happy,content and joyful person who doesn't smile alot.
Look at yourself in the mirror with 3 different faces.Better yet,have someone take a picture of you with 3 different faces.
Frowning/angry face
Your *normal* face
Smiling face
You will see just how much better you look with a smile!
Sometimes we can feel perfectly joyful and are just to busy to take the time to smile.So make sure that your joy is visible and do it often.Smile for no reason! When you pass your husband in the hallway SMILE.When you wipe your little child's face SMILE.When you pay for your groceries SMILE.
Smiles do amazing things for an atmosphere.Even forcing yourself to smile for 1 full minute can change your OWN mood lol. Try it next time you are feeling grumpy!
Get in the habit of SHOWING your joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! Nathan and I have had a conversation about this. I don't have a habit of putting on a happy face around the house....I do much better outside of the house, but I have to focus on it more at home. Sometimes I wish that there was a camera mounted in my house to show me what I REALLY look like throughout the day, though I'm sure I would be ashamed a lot of the time!
ReplyDeleteI think I do well at this, but perhaps I should poll my dh and children and see if they agree.
ReplyDelete;)
What a wonderful reminder!! Thank you Angie!! I have often seen women who always have a plesent look upon their face..even if its not a huge smile..even if times are hard..they always have a joyful look. Those are women you dont soon forget. I pray the Lord will remind me to smile more!
ReplyDeleteThis is great Angie! Thank you!!!
StacyM
http://aholycalling.blogspot.com