Monday, January 9, 2012

Really FEELING the greeting......




It is great to make an effort to put on a smile for our husbands when we see them,no matter HOW we are feeling  BUT.......

Wouldn't it be even better if the smile/kiss/hug/whatever you do to show your happiness at seeing him, came naturally because we ARE so thankful to see them?

So often we forget JUST what kind of men we have.We concentrate on all of the things that we think they do wrong,all of the things they DON'T do for us,all of the ways we think they should change,all of the things they do that are irritating.

In turn,we aren't always feeling as thankful for them as we should be.

Philippians 4:8

Finally,brethren,whatsoever things are true,whatsoever things are honest,whatsoever things are just,whatsoever things are pure,whatsoever things are lovely,whatsoever things are of good report;if there be any virtue,and if there be any praise,think on these things.

Lets practice at not thinking negative thoughts towards our husbands.When your mind starts to go "there"-STOP and be thankful for him.You will find that your smile comes much more naturally when you lay eyes on him.:):)

Just imagine if he didn't come home ever again......

Look at the above photo.Does your husband see you look at him like THAT and often?

These are just thoughts but remember what the goal is for this week.

Greet your husband when he comes home at night with obvious JOY and keep your words sweet for atleast 15 min.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great place to start your series. I always greeted Ben at the door with a big smile and hug and kiss, but now that he works from home all the time, that tradition has kind of gone bye-bye. :(
    I'm going to have to figure out how to make sure he knows every time he walks in the room that I am glad to see him and glad he is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an effort I have actually been concentrating on for the past couple of months... and I can tell you- it makes a WORLD of difference in my attitude toward my husband and my marriage. It almost amazes me (but it shouldn't) at how much our THOUGHTS affect our FEELINGS! Which in turn- affect our ATTITUDES!

    Great Encouragement for the Start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have a great marriage... and not by my doing for sure. He's the most understanding, loving, kind man I have ever met. I think the poor man must have a doozy of a pair of rose colored glasses on regarding me. He told me not long ago that I'm the most unselfish person he knows and that he sees me always doing everythnig I can for everyone else and never asking for anything, and I think I stared at him with my mouth hanging open for a full minute before bursting out in tears. After 9 1/2 years of marriage he hasn't figured out yet that I'm terribly selfish! He puts up with my hormonal craziness, female emotionalness, and loves me even when I'm acting very not nice. I feel like I won the whole wide world when I married him. I love him with everything in me. And I definately like the idea of showing him how happy I am to see him every day when he gets home. :) I have a bad habit of thinking to myself how glad I am to see him but not showing it. I know it would really make him happy if I make it a habit to greet him with my heart on my face when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete