Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Phone tone!

How is everyone doing? I am posting TOMORROWS encouragment tonight because I have the time! :)

So remember,the new HABIT we are learning is to greet our husbands with obvious JOY when they come home at night and be sweet for *atleast* 15 minutes.(Horray to the mamma who left a comment saying that she was tempted to complain but stopped because her 15 min was not up lol and then forgot to complain after her time was up!)

Here is another area to think about though.......

How does your voice sound on the phone?I don't know how many of you talk to your husbands on the phone throughout the day but I know many of us do.Do you sound happy to hear from him?

I always answer my phone with a cheerful "Hello?".I always have.I have always been big on making sure that the person who is calling me does not feel like they are inconvienencing me in any way.Even in the middle of the night.I have talked to too many people on the phone who make it clear by their tone that you are being a big burden to them.I can't stand it.It makes you want to say "Nevermind." click.

I have found though that although I am super polite to strangers/friends/family etc. I  sometimes found myself using kind of a drab/boring/sometimes overwhelmed tone with me dh when saying "Hello?" .

When I realized I decided that it was going to STOP.When he calls me I want him to hear a happy tone.I want him to know that I am thrilled to see HIS number on my caller ID.Always!

Tone makes all the difference in the world.Practice your phone tone! Not only with your dh but with everyone.Does your tone say "I am happy to hear from you! What can I do for you?"

1 comment:

  1. I've talked to my DH a few times today and each time I make sure I sound thrilled to hear from him. :)

    ReplyDelete