Friday, January 13, 2012

Are you going to have a great weekend?

Decide NOW that you will!

Atleast that you won't let YOUR attitude ruin the weekend.

Fridays are going to be our "Thankful list" day.Every week we will add 5 things to the list for a total of 40 traits our husbands have that we are thankful for.Try to be specific.Instead of just saying "He is a godly man",make it more detailed.

Read your list often.It is so easy to fall into thinking negative thoughts about our men.We need to remember all of the wonderful things about them.It really helps you to be less critical and MORE thankful.

I will start mine!

1.I love that he loves to talk to me and calls me several times a day.

2.I love that he worries about us when we are out grocery shopping or ANYWHERE away from home.

3.I love that he is such a good worker that everyone wants him.Sometimes that takes him away from me but I have learned to be thankful for that.I have a man who takes providing for us very seriously.

4.I love the way he takes care of the evening chore routine.He makes sure everything is done correctly and just takes care of the whole situation.It is such a huge help to me.One thing I don't have to worry about.It is so nice to go down to the childrens rooms and see them so clean lol.They know Daddy won't accept any excuses! :):):)

5.I love how his little boys melt him.I love how he loves on them all the time and how much THEY love him!

Post your lists here for all of us to see! Here is your chance to brag on your man! Every week on Friday you can update your list!


4 comments:

  1. 1) I love that he would rather spend his evening talking with me or playing with the children than anything else.

    2) I love that he's a hard worker and no employer has ever been able to find fault with him.

    3) I love that he comes home and just jumps right into whatever I've been busy with and helps me finish so we can spend more time together.

    4) I love that he takes child traing seriously and is involved in training the children.

    5) I love that he has a generous heart and will forgive and forgive and overlook many wrongs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love that he is really trying to work on making our marriage something great!
    2. I love that he loves our children, he is SO bonded with our newest little guy, it's so much fun to see.
    3. I love that he's HOT! :)
    4. I love that he always says I love you before he hangs up the phone.
    5. I love that he called me tonight JUST to say "I love you"

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I love that Cameron takes care of us financially to the best of his ability.
    2) I love that he loves me enough to forgive me no matter what.
    3) I love that he would rather be home with me and the kids than anywhere or with anyone else.
    4) I love that he never does any activity that me and the kids can't do too. He. includes us in everything
    5) I love how he wants me to have the best he can afford.Exp: We're having to replace a lot of our appliances need replacing, including the kitchen sink. So he took me to Lowest today. Of course I always try to go cheap, but Cameron just said, "babe, get something nice. You deserve it because you use this stuff so much. I want you to have the best." ((swoons)) I'm Ms. Practical, but I sure felted loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIKES! I missed this post COMPLETELY until I went searching for it when I read today's post (January 21st)! Here is my first list...

    1. I love the fact that my husband delights in children. Not only his own, but ALL children. He truly sees the blessing and value in them. Not much brings him greater joy than to be "playing" with a child... whether the child is 2 months, 2 years or 12 years...

    2. I love the fact that my husband is a man of initiative. If their are dishes in the sink, he washes them. If a baby has a dirty diaper, he changes them. If the floor needs to be swept, he grabs a broom.

    3. Which leads me to the next thing I am thankful for. He is never looking for praise or thanks. He doesn't like being in the lime-light. Sure, he likes to hear people say "Thank You"- (who doesn't) but he doesn't do things to be noticed. He just quietly does them, with such a humbleness.

    4. I am also thankful for my husband because he serves others. I am often tempted to get irritated when his time seems to be spent elsewhere, but I am reminded that my man is a man of service. He thinks NOTHING of shoveling just about everyone's drives and sidewalks on the block. He mowes the neighbors lawn, fixes peoples cars, computers, and just about anything else without wanting to be paid or recognized. He just does it to serve.

    5. I also love the fact that my husband, while not perfect, is a man of integrity. He has been at the same job for 10 years, and supervisors are often "fighting over him". No one wants to "give him up". They beg him to stay in their departments, do whatever they can to please him. With an employee base of several thousand- this says a LOT! He is a hard worker and doesn't just do "enough to get by". He is ALWAYS doing his best- whatever the job.

    ReplyDelete